AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going back and forth on the plus's and minus's on these two TV's. Basically, I'd rather at this point roll the dice on the Samsung and hope I either don't get the buzz, or, if I get a buzz'r, make sure I get it exchanged/serviced.

I'm wondering though, for watching 50% SD and 50% HD - and that's over AT&T U-verse - is the 50" Samsung really going to be $500 better? Or, looking at it another way, is the 50" Samsung worth a 60" LG (since the 60" LG can be had for the same price as the 50" Samsung)?

It gets even more difficult if one steps the Samsung down to the PN50C7000, and/or the LG 50PK950 / 60PK950....

Any perspectives here?

Chuck

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky2 /forum/post/19589308

I'm going back and forth on the plus's and minus's on these two TV's. Basically, I'd rather at this point roll the dice on the Samsung and hope I either don't get the buzz, or, if I get a buzz'r, make sure I get it exchanged/serviced.

I'm wondering though, for watching 50% SD and 50% HD - and that's over AT&T U-verse - is the 50" Samsung really going to be $500 better? Or, looking at it another way, is the 50" Samsung worth a 60" LG (since the 60" LG can be had for the same price as the 50" Samsung)?

It gets even more difficult if one steps the Samsung down to the PN50C7000, and/or the LG 50PK950 / 60PK950....

Any perspectives here?

Chuck

Bump for Chuck as I was wondering this myself.

·
Registered
799 Posts
There are 3 top tv's on the market , the other is the Panasonic VT series.

Out of these 3 I like the Samsung the best tightly followed by the LG , then the Panasonic comes in last.

My reasons for this is the fact I find the Panasonic to look "pasty or washed out" at times. I install these tv's on a regular basis and sometimes the Panasonic looks really good , other times not so good.

The Buzz thing with the Samsung I have not noticed in normal conditions usually sitting about 10 to 12 feet away. On the other hand this tv's picture is about as good as it gets today. The Tv also is beautiful. I like the side ways inputs instead of the straight in the back for wall hanging. Many reasons this tv is my top choice.

The LG is beautiful as well , killer design and nice fit and finish. Picture quality I feel is a step above the Panasonic and Rivals the Samsung. Not as many features as the Samsung but who cares about all that when you can get that done in a Blu ray player. I like this Tv and would love to own one.

Money no Object I might still go Samsung. Save a penny and I'd get the LG. The Panasonic money and look I feel not worth it. I try with it as it gets raved about here and in reviews. I see this set in all sizes all the time and I'm just not blown away. Coming off years of Kuro Installs it's hard to be impressed with anything actually. The LG and Samsung plasma's really are the first to make my skirt blow up just a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts