AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the LG 55" 55LP1D may become a reality. The ETA has not been pushed back. It is listed as September, and they are now giving an MSRP of $15k.

Robert

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Wow, at last! :)

The pricing, however, suggests infinitesimal availability. And really, with the Sharp 65 at $20K, this LG doesn't seem very exciting.

Now if it's $10K, it's merely "very expensive". :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert123
It looks like the LG 55" 55LP1D may become a reality. The ETA has not been pushed back. It is listed as September, and they are now giving an MSRP of $15k.Robert
Will the DVI input of the 55LP1D take a 1080p input signal @ 60Hz from a PC?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCD1080
Will the DVI input of the 55LP1D take a 1080p input signal @ 60Hz from a PC?
I do not know yet if it will accept 1080p, but I do expect it to have HDMI instead of DVI like the current models, e.g. 42LP1D. A DVI-HDMI adaptor would be needed to connect DVI from a computer.

Robert

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
LG should be ashamed for the price they charge, given their mediocre performance.

I mean its ok to pay for an expensive quality display, such as a Sharp, but LG needs to find its realistic niche or level.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo
Wow, at last! :)

The pricing, however, suggests infinitesimal availability. And really, with the Sharp 65 at $20K, this LG doesn't seem very exciting.

Now if it's $10K, it's merely "very expensive". :D
The MSRP may be $15K but the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) is only $13K. If you shop hard enough, you'll probably be able to buy one for a mere "very expensive".

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible_Tom
The MSRP may be $15K but the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) is only $13K. If you shop hard enough, you'll probably be able to buy one for a mere "very expensive".
Still seems like nutty pricing. Of course, I feel the same way when I see the Fujitsu 55-inch plasma for $10,000!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.