AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can't wait to see reviews on these and actual owners too. Apparently they are going to be full array. Good job LG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjocky  /t/1481243/lg-55-65-4k-anticipation-thread#post_23527363


How will LG retro fit HDMI 2.0?

Ha! No mention of that in the press release.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
And let's hope that LG has improved the performance of its "LED Nano Technology" full-array with local-dimming backlight; The review of the HDTV top-of-the-line 55" LG model done by Home Theater Magazine pointed out its very poor performance (contrast ratio of only about 4.000:1 with local-dimming engaged) and the fact that they had to request two samples from LG because the first one appeared to be defective during testing, whereas the second sample provided only minor improvements in some areas.

Sooner than later i am planning to purchase an UHD set but i am sure going to wait until proper reviews are done by professionals not afraid to ruffle some feathers, and besides this whole HDMI 1.4 versus HDMI 2.0 version merits some consideration when spending over $5,000.00 for a TV set.

Case in point : recently one reviewer at the magazine pointed out the fact that in his many years of testing many/many LCD sets he cannot remember seeing a single one that could display a full white onscreen test pattern that did not show even the tinniest amount of magenta or green shading at one of the corners, left or right side of screen, at the center, surrounding the center area, etc.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
376 Posts
Saw a 65la9700 at frys, in a corner. No demo, just some crapy feed along with other tvs. Good off view angle. Wonder why no one post any review yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh87  /t/1481243/lg-55-65-4k-anticipation-thread#post_23683663


Saw a 65la9700 at frys, in a corner. No demo, just some crapy feed along with other tvs. Good off view angle. Wonder why no one post any review yet?

I haven't even seen one in a store yet. I really want to check one out. I got the Samsung F9000 but am underwhelmed with it. I really want to check out the LG and Panasonic when they come before I make my final decision about keeping the Samsung or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls  /t/1481243/lg-55-65-4k-anticipation-thread#post_23684226


I haven't even seen one in a store yet. I really want to check one out. I got the Samsung F9000 but am underwhelmed with it. I really want to check out the LG and Panasonic when they come before I make my final decision about keeping the Samsung or not.

What is making you feel underwhelmed with the Samsung F9000?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls  /t/1481243/lg-55-65-4k-anticipation-thread#post_23684226


I haven't even seen one in a store yet. I really want to check one out. I got the Samsung F9000 but am underwhelmed with it. I really want to check out the LG and Panasonic when they come before I make my final decision about keeping the Samsung or not.

I was hoping Samsung was coming out with 4K FALD. I have a Samsung 81F which is FALD but in 1080.

I also have the LG LV9500 which is FALD nano.

I was watching HBO Day After Tomorrow the scene where the Father comes into the Library with flashlights, Wow! it look like a real flashlight in the dark.

Don't buy a 4K unless it is FALD!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat  /t/1481243/lg-55-65-4k-anticipation-thread#post_23684797


What is making you feel underwhelmed with the Samsung F9000?

The upscaling is not that great. This TV on regular HD content is really no sharper or more detailed than the VT30 I have. I'm switching to the Sony. I'd at least rather have the content with Sony's media server than none at all. Even though I don't really like the speakers....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls  /t/1481243/lg-55-65-4k-anticipation-thread#post_23694649


The upscaling is not that great. This TV on regular HD content is really no sharper or more detailed than the VT30 I have. I'm switching to the Sony. I'd at least rather have the content with Sony's media server than none at all. Even though I don't really like the speakers....

Wow, that's kind of a shocker since Samsung is know for having better up scaling but than again I haven't seen the F9000. I have seen the Sony 4K. You should wait until the ones without the side speakers come out, it shouldn't be long. I guess for 4K content material, it makes sense to go with the one that has more content available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto  /t/1481243/lg-55-65-4k-anticipation-thread#post_23529279


And let's hope that LG has improved the performance of its "LED Nano Technology" full-array with local-dimming backlight; The review of the HDTV top-of-the-line 55" LG model done by Home Theater Magazine pointed out its very poor performance (contrast ratio of only about 4.000:1 with local-dimming engaged) and the fact that they had to request two samples from LG because the first one appeared to be defective during testing, whereas the second sample provided only minor improvements in some areas.

Sooner than later i am planning to purchase an UHD set but i am sure going to wait until proper reviews are done by professionals not afraid to ruffle some feathers, and besides this whole HDMI 1.4 versus HDMI 2.0 version merits some consideration when spending over $5,000.00 for a TV set.

Case in point : recently one reviewer at the magazine pointed out the fact that in his many years of testing many/many LCD sets he cannot remember seeing a single one that could display a full white onscreen test pattern that did not show even the tinniest amount of magenta or green shading at one of the corners, left or right side of screen, at the center, surrounding the center area, etc.
I have the LG LV9500 which was LG'S first LED NANO FULL ARRAY LOCAL DIMING TV for 2013.This TV has 2300 led's and 280 zones.

The difference between the LV 9500 versus the LM 9600 which Home Theater reported on was LV 9500 active 3D and LM 9600 Passive 3D and when the LM 9600 came out they used less LED'S and Zones.

If you can go onto the LV 9500 Forum one person had both the LG LV9500 and LM9600 and he stated the LV 950 was better with local diming.

I think LG wants to make the best 4K TV'S and keep them close as possible to OLED TV'S in viewing quality. Price will be a big factor for most people and 4K LCD has the advantage.

I just read that in china 4K panels are reaching the price point of 1080p panels.



Ultra HD TV pricing in China expected to drop to that of Full HD units by October


Sep 2, 15:41

Diigitimes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top