Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3002 Posts

·
Banned
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So your going to have 2 oleds?
Nope, my 9800 was returned horrible uniformity issues. This is the number one item I will be interested to see if it is better. I would recommend those who are considering an LG OLED consider that the 9300 is also wall mountable. May not be an issue today but it might be something you wish you had if you ever move into a bedroom.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Sorry if I post the truth, if you do not like my post please block me. If everyone was in lock step with your post LG would have no reason to address some issues that are preventing some buyers from coming over to OLED.
lol, its nothing personal man

after viewing some other tvs uniformity issues(in the shootout thread), I realzied that my tv and the pics of gray uniformity issues other owners are having, arent neary as bad in comparison

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sorry if I post the truth, if you do not like my post please block me. If everyone was in lock step with your post LG would have no reason to address some issues that are preventing some buyers from coming over to OLED.
“The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”
― Oscar Wilde

Desk

·
Banned
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
“The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”
― Oscar Wilde

Desk
Correct, some people are bothered by different things. Uniformity is my number one issue with the 9800, others may not be bothered. Each opinion is different, nobody's opinion is right or wrong on this forum. I was an LCD XBR8 owner for 6 years and it took OLED b4 I considered anything but my XBR

·
Registered
436 Posts
Correct, some people are bothered by different things. Uniformity is my number one issue with the 9800, others may not be bothered. Each opinion is different, nobody's opinion is right or wrong on this forum. I was an LCD XBR8 owner for 6 years and it took OLED to b4 I considered anything but my XBR

I think you misunderstood the quote.

Desk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
BREAKING NEWS! There are no Bad sub-pixels on my new 9300, no as in ZERO Bad sub-pixels. This is an absolute first and GREAT News

Another bit of Info, the new LG OLED is made in Mexico no longer being manufactured in Korea.

Sound Quality, night and day better than the 9800. Sound bar is best but much better out of the box sound.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Congrats Vegas oled! I am really considering this tv. I have the Panasonic 55VT60. Though I really love the picture quality of a plasma I do wish sometimes they could be a little brighter. Please post pics when you a have a chance. I'll make a decision when b-ball season starts.

·
Banned
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still playing with settings:
Standard is not very good and needs too be adjusted, Cinema seems much better and is adjustable. Looks like no banding in grey scale but color shift in standard mode that is not present in Cinema. The picture looks a little more like the Samsung OLED and a little less like the 9800 to me but it's still early.

Good uniformity all sub pixels up and firing, my early evaluation is a winner. I wish D-Nice lived in Las Vegas I would love to have an expert fine tune everything.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
gray scale uniformity? i ask because my 9800 never had banding, just a darker shade of gray on the upper right quadrant of the screen
thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
BREAKING NEWS! There are no Bad sub-pixels on my new 9300, no as in ZERO Bad sub-pixels. This is an absolute first and GREAT News

Another bit of Info, the new LG OLED is made in Mexico no longer being manufactured in Korea.

Sound Quality, night and day better than the 9800. Sound bar is best but much better out of the box sound.
Is there any difference in picture quality? Did you have any problem with banding in your 9800?

1 - 20 of 3002 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.