AVS Forum banner

21961 - 21980 of 24800 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh I didn't realise someone was asking about the Xfinity app. I have the app on this set and it works pretty well, there's no Olympics stuff up yet (or any indication about it - I only knew it was getting it from the AVS news post!), but presumably this will come tomorrow when the opening ceremony is processed. Will report back then, I'll probably watch some of it tonight on broadcast to see what it looks like in a basic comparison.

·
Premium Member
12,418 Posts
Ill have an Xbox one S here tomorrow.
Ill try and post some resolution reports from my preamp with different content this weekend.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ditto. Who cares what shows up on a slide. I can't wait to see pics of content. I'm of the belief a lot of the people on this forum are never going to buy a TV. One little thing looks out of whack gives them the oppotunity to say, "oh well, maybe next year." Then next year it's something else...
And other people drink the Kool Aid and buy a set every year then spend their time defending it like religion on forums.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Oh I didn't realise someone was asking about the Xfinity app. I have the app on this set and it works pretty well, there's no Olympics stuff up yet (or any indication about it - I only knew it was getting it from the AVS news post!), but presumably this will come tomorrow when the opening ceremony is processed. Will report back then, I'll probably watch some of it tonight on broadcast to see what it looks like in a basic comparison.

There should be an 11 minute preview video for the Olympics in the app (at least there is on my E6).

·
Registered
313 Posts
Was able to score the 65EF9500 at Fry's Electronics for $2296 brand new in box, no sales tax in my state too. Coming from a 79" LG 79UB9800 4K TV, so it is a little hard to adjust to the much smaller screen size, especially since at typical viewing distances 4K resolution is imperceptible with just a 65" screen. But the improved picture quality and inky blacks more than make up for it. Watching Marco Polo in HDR right now and very pleased with the purchase.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Was able to score the 65EF9500 at Fry's Electronics for $2296 brand new in box, no sales tax in my state too. Coming from a 79" LG 79UB9800 4K TV, so it is a little hard to adjust to the much smaller screen size, especially since at typical viewing distances 4K resolution is imperceptible with just a 65" screen. But the improved picture quality and inky blacks more than make up for it. Watching Marco Polo in HDR right now and very pleased with the purchase.
How are you watching Marco Polo in HDR on the EF? Netflix HDR is not supported...

·
Registered
811 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,418 Posts
Through the Nvidia Shield TV. Xbox One S could also do the trick
I watched some of the Marco Polo Hundred Eyes epsidoe today in HDR Netflix on the Xbox One S, looked great.

Reactions: dolfer

·
Registered
53 Posts
There should be an 11 minute preview video for the Olympics in the app (at least there is on my E6).

Interesting. I thought maybe it was a Samsung exclusive or something since the VR stuff only works with the Gear VR/Samsung phones, but if you can see this preview on the E6... I don't show any Olympic stuff on my EF.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yeah nothing new on the xfinity app here. The EF being forgotten yet again!
Even though it doesn't have the Olympics yet, I don't really feel like I'm missing anything. Most people that are going to watch the Olympics at all, prefer to watch it in real time (obviously), so the small subset of people interested in the Olympics AND willing to watch on a delay AND have one of the few TVs capable has to be small so they just don't really care all that much.

The app itself is trash anyway, more than watching something simply for the novelty of it, I don't see myself ever purposefully loading it up to watch 24h delayed (at best) content.

Comcast needs to get their 4K/HDR STBs up and going before I fumble all over myself trying to get content from them.

21961 - 21980 of 24800 Posts