AVS Forum banner

23961 - 23980 of 24800 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have a OTW150 available?

I've had this TV on a stand since new, but now am moving and am looking to mount it to the wall. Of course, the OTW150 is nowhere to be found. Does anyone here have one?

What are the alternatives?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
So I am thinking of selling my 55 9500 on CL and getting an upgraded 65 oled. What do you all recommend getting? What do you all think I should ask for it? I really want to get a larger set experience.

I have seen 1 55ef9500 on already at listed 2 days ago at 1400 and one last week at 1700, they cant be getting these prices is my thought. I was thinking of listing at 1200. That is half the cost for an upgrade to a most recent set and I think that's pretty reasonable.

I will somehow live with the loss of 3d (and all those 3d movies we bought at least came with a standard blu ray as well)
I agree with $1200 looking at eBay and the range is $1200 to $1500, your location can dictate pricing too if pickup only.

If you want to sell without waiting too long I would try $1200 but given the 55 C7 / B7 is not too far from that range it's a hard sell. There are lots of buyers who prefer something used over new to feel they are getting the better deal. I just can't see buying a used TV personally when the newer ones are improved and close in resale.

It's like my Jeep Wrangler

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
So I am thinking of selling my 55 9500 on CL and getting an upgraded 65 oled. What do you all recommend getting? What do you all think I should ask for it? I really want to get a larger set experience.

I have seen 1 55ef9500 on already at listed 2 days ago at 1400 and one last week at 1700, they cant be getting these prices is my thought. I was thinking of listing at 1200. That is half the cost for an upgrade to a most recent set and I think that's pretty reasonable.

I will somehow live with the loss of 3d (and all those 3d movies we bought at least came with a standard blu ray as well)
Good luck. I tried selling my 2 year old 64F8500 plasma in 2015 on CL. Get ready for a lot of bad offers. I put it up for sale for $1200, and all I got were offers for less than $500, with the highest offer of $300, and then being told my asking process was ridiculous. I sold it on this forum for $1200. I paid over $3000 for the tv when it was new in 2013. People don't like shelling out money for used tv's on CL.

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
Good luck. I tried selling my 2 year old 64F8500 plasma in 2015 on CL. Get ready for a lot of bad offers. I put it up for sale for $1200, and all I got were offers for less than $500, with the highest offer of $300, and then being told my asking process was ridiculous. I sold it on this forum for $1200. I paid over $3000 for the tv when it was new in 2013. People don't like shelling out money for used tv's on CL.
Yeah, it is ridiculous, that I just started giving them away to friends and family.

·
Registered
29 Posts
EF9500 Gaming

Hey guys,

I love my 65EF9500. I am considering getting an XBOX One S for gaming and bluray 4k purposes. Is this a good set for gaming? Should I be concerned about image retention or burn in problems? I do not want to cause any long term burn-in issues on my set? Is the input lag decent for games? Let me know if any of you have had bad experiences.

Seb

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Hey guys,

I love my 65EF9500. I am considering getting an XBOX One S for gaming and bluray 4k purposes. Is this a good set for gaming? Should I be concerned about image retention or burn in problems? I do not want to cause any long term burn-in issues on my set? Is the input lag decent for games? Let me know if any of you have had bad experiences.

Seb
I have been using my EF9500 for two years plus and no issues with gaming or burn.

Only thing that I have seen in terms of gaming is the latency of the screen but it never impacted my gaming.

I guess if you are serious gammer you might want to take a look at the later sets as they vastly improved that issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been using my EF9500 for two years plus and no issues with gaming or burn.

Only thing that I have seen in terms of gaming is the latency of the screen but it never impacted my gaming.

I guess if you are serious gammer you might want to take a look at the later sets as they vastly improved that issue.
Aloha!

Use input 3 for no lag gaming!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hey guys,

Seb
If you don't need the absolute lowest input lag times yes this is a good set for gaming. No I would not be concerned about image retention or burn in problems if I were you. I have never babied my 55EF9500 and have played games for hours with my settings on Oled light 100 and Contrast 80+. I have never had an issue with image retention, burn in, or any other negative experience gaming.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Anyone else can confirm this statement?

I’ve never heard that this model got a lower input leg update like the 2016 models or had a option like that.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I’ve never heard that this model got a lower input leg update like the 2016 models or had a option like that.
I don't think so either, per ratings.com:
"The good news is you don't need to be in any special mode to get lower input lag. You simply need to make sure 'TruMotion' is disabled".

6P - AVR5810 - EF9500 - Dish - Xbox1S

·
Vendor
26,659 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Has anyone come up with a better solution than changing inputs or using youtube for getting 5.1 DD to work properly on HDMI ARC? I had it working a trick at one point, but something changed and now i'm back to tearing my hair out to get ARC to work.

Used all of the inputs, even tried the turn on and change quickly to different inputs as well. Youtube used to work pretty well, but now it doesn't and nothing changed on my end.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Has anyone come up with a better solution than changing inputs or using youtube for getting 5.1 DD to work properly on HDMI ARC? I had it working a trick at one point, but something changed and now i'm back to tearing my hair out to get ARC to work.

Used all of the inputs, even tried the turn on and change quickly to different inputs as well. Youtube used to work pretty well, but now it doesn't and nothing changed on my end.
I have never been able to get ARC to work on my 65EF9500, period.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've used ARC and got DD 5.1 quite easily in the beginning and it has been rock solid ever since. Not really sure how people are having so much difficulty with it. Tend to believe there is some sort of incompatibility in the hardware chain since it works for me.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
I've used ARC and got DD 5.1 quite easily in the beginning and it has been rock solid ever since. Not really sure how people are having so much difficulty with it. Tend to believe there is some sort of incompatibility in the hardware chain since it works for me.
That's actually surprising; when I've searched this forum in the past the answer of most is "It might work" and for most it didn't.

I've tried with my Oppo BDP-105 and UDP-205 and neither even "sees" the TV despite the use of multiple different HDMI cables.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've posted several times in this very thread about my successes.

Must just get buried.

I know others have failed with an actual AVR but using an Oppo instead of an actual AVR might be part of the problem. I am actually confused. I am using ARC for things like Netflix on the TV itself. Are you going Oppo to TV to AVR?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
23961 - 23980 of 24800 Posts