AVS Forum banner

24741 - 24760 of 24833 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Volume Up Stuck

Has anyone experienced the volume stuck on up? I did a reset, disconnected the power cord and all HDMI connections but it didn't resolve the problem. It keeps on turning up.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Has anyone experienced the volume stuck on up? I did a reset, disconnected the power cord and all HDMI connections but it didn't resolve the problem. It keeps on turning up.
Is a button stuck on a remote somewhere? Has a remote perhaps fallen between couch cushions?

·
Registered
79 Posts
It turns out there is some kind of interference controlling the volume. If I block the remote sensor it fixes the problem. I have no idea what's causing the interference. I unplugged my Logitech remote IR blaster and removed the batteries from all my remotes but something is still controlling my tv. I also notice my Logitech remote isn't very responsive.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
It turns out there is some kind of interference controlling the volume. If I block the remote sensor it fixes the problem. I have no idea what's causing the interference. I unplugged my Logitech remote IR blaster and removed the batteries from all my remotes but something is still controlling my tv. I also notice my Logitech remote isn't very responsive.

Did you do the same for the LG remote that came with the TV? Remember, it is RF, not IR.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you have other IR devices? An Android phone with an IR blaster perhaps?
Just the AVR, 2 TV, desktop PC, Logitech 900, Android. I shut off the phone.

Did you do the same for the LG remote that came with the TV? Remember, it is RF, not IR.
Yes. I took the batteries out of every remote and unpluged the Logitech IR blaster to eliminate the causes but the problem is still there. It just started yesterday when I turned on the TV. Something unrelated to the remotes is causing the interference.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Yes. I took the batteries out of every remote and unpluged the Logitech IR blaster to eliminate the causes but the problem is still there. It just started yesterday when I turned on the TV. Something unrelated to the remotes is causing the interference.

At this point, Spock would say: "Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".
I think the problem lies with TV (or at least the Main board that contains the IR/RF modules).

·
Registered
544 Posts
Spock said that? He's up on his Sherlock Holmes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
At this point, Spock would say: "Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".
I think the problem lies with TV (or at least the Main board that contains the IR/RF modules).
True but my Logitech remote isn't very responsive to any devices either. It all started at the same time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It seems the problem is the Xfinity cable box. I unplugged it and restarted it and the tv volume problem disappeared. My Logitech 900 remote works better but it's not 100%.

·
Registered
388 Posts
LG EF9500 for Parts

Anyone know where I can sell my EF9500 for parts? My son threw a hot wheel which hit the screen and cracked it. The local TV repair shop said it would be too expensive to replace the panel. Seems like a waste to just throw it away.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Define "too expensive."

Since there are replacement panels out there, and this was one of the last OLEDs with 3D capability, I suspect that it might fetch a premium even if you decide to sell it for parts.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Anyone know where I can sell my EF9500 for parts? My son threw a hot wheel which hit the screen and cracked it. The local TV repair shop said it would be too expensive to replace the panel. Seems like a waste to just throw it away.

They would be correct: you could buy entire TVs now for what these panels cost (if you could even find one). However, I suspect you would find a market for the "Main" board in this thread (and LG community); it was initially a high-failure rate item.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
They would be correct: you could buy entire TVs now for what these panels cost (if you could even find one). However, I suspect you would find a market for the "Main" board in this thread (and LG community); it was initially a high-failure rate item.
You could, but if someone wants an OLED that can do 3D, suddenly the TV is much more valuable.

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a 77” C9, what would be a good price to try to get for my 65ef9500 with a little more than 8k hours on it?
What a coincidence! Those are the two OLED TVs that I have bought in the past. I still own the 65EF9500 as well. I use it for watching 3D content. Don't know how much it would be to sell but I'm guessing, not much.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What a coincidence! Those are the two OLED TVs that I have bought in the past. I still own the 65EF9500 as well. I use it for watching 3D content. Don't know how much it would be to sell but I'm guessing, not much.
Bought it for 4k in early ‘16, I think I’ll keep it unless I get at least $800-1000. I pretty much only use the living room where my pc is hooked up though. Did you see a noticeable difference going from the ef9500 to the C9?

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
Bought it for 4k in early ‘16, I think I’ll keep it unless I get at least $800-1000. I pretty much only use the living room where my pc is hooked up though. Did you see a noticeable difference going from the ef9500 to the C9?
Oh yes, the C9 is much brighter in my opinion. I've been enjoying it for almost a year now.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
You might as well keep it. I have the 9500 and E6. And the E6 is also significantly brighter than the EF9500. The Ef9500 barely hits 540 nits, the minimum for HDR. I would say you would be lucky to get $400 or $500 for the tv. Even though it has 3D, it is poor with HDR, and gamers would probably not want to spend much on a 5 year old tv as it came out in 2015. The EF9500 was good when it came out, but compared to current OLEDs, it's pretty poor.

24741 - 24760 of 24833 Posts