AVS Forum banner

14041 - 14060 of 24800 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
LG just called me, they are going to send me a prepaid fedex label and refund me via check for the whole purchase price.

I'll see you guys in the G6 thread lol.
Yeah, got my call last week. I still have to pack mine up. Not sure if I can hold out for the E6, or if the price will be too high for me. We shall see.
If the 9500 takes a nice price drop I may try again..................

·
Registered
7,960 Posts
Day 4 with the new 9500 oled. Happy that the screen looks perfect to me.. none of the issues that I've read about I can see. Just used the avs calibration disk and everything looked fine.. no off colors on a perfectly white screen.

Makes it really hard now to deside about returning it and waiting for the newer models or just keep it and buy what's best 3-4 years from now.

Mines a 512 build from Dec 2015. Payed 5k for it and got them to throw in a free 42" lg lcd tv that I traded up for a 50" lcd for another room.

Love to return and possably wait but the main screen prior was a 82" mitsubishi dlp and was a pain to carry 2 floors down to the basement.. can't imagine bringing it back up.
If you have what you see as a perfect screen, you should sit tight, IMO.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
If you have what you see as a perfect screen, you should sit tight, IMO.
Totally agree, I don't think the 2016 models are that much better, based on announced features. Maybe dolbyvision hdr will change the world, but I doubt it will even catch on given that HDR10 is free for manufacturers to implement. I think the soundbar on the e6 and g6 look pretty bad also. webos3 would have potentially been a nice selling point, if LG hadn't fired all their webos developers recently :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,960 Posts
There is nfw I am going to try another ef9500, having gone through 6 defective ones in a row. I'm going to buy one G6, if it sucks I'll return it and start reading books.
I can only imagine the hassle. I'm peeved from having to communicate and coordinate with Best Buy, LG, and a technician after ONE panel, which is why I asked on-sight yesterday if I could put in an order for the E6, cost be damned. I think I'm beginning to understand LG's sales strategy. ;)

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
I can only imagine the hassle. I'm peeved from having to communicate and coordinate with Best Buy, LG, and a technician after ONE panel, which is why I asked on-sight yesterday if I could put in an order for the E6, cost be damned. I think I'm beginning to understand LG's sales strategy. ;)
It took me 4 tries and over 4 months to get a decent tv. Not sure what would happen if i got my money back from LG, and then went back to BB to buy a G6. I might get banned from doing any exchanges for a year. Then I would be stuck with dealing with LG.

·
Registered
313 Posts
wanted to get people's advice. I can buy a used 65EF9500 from someone off of Cragistlist for $3250. He's honest and mentions that it is a 508 build and does have yellow banding on the right hand side. If I were to buy this from him, would I be eligible to exchange the set given the picture issues? Or should I just save my money and wait for the 2016 sets?

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
wanted to get people's advice. I can buy a used 65EF9500 from someone off of Cragistlist for $3250. He's honest and mentions that it is a 508 build and does have yellow banding on the right hand side. If I were to buy this from him, would I be eligible to exchange the set given the picture issues? Or should I just save my money and wait for the 2016 sets?
I don't know if LG would honor the warranty since you are not the original owner. That would be bad if you paid that much and then got stuck with it. The guy on Craigslist would be smarter to get a full refund from LG than only getting $3250 for it. You don't want the yellow piss stain. It is bad.

·
Registered
7,960 Posts
It took me 4 tries and over 4 months to get a decent tv. Not sure what would happen if i got my money back from LG, and then went back to BB to buy a G6. I might get banned from doing any exchanges for a year. Then I would be stuck with dealing with LG.
That's rough. I don't think this return will be added to my "record" at Best Buy (can't see why it would be added to yours either in spite of the previous 4 exchanges) since it's been initiated by the manufacturer, so I guess I still have some leeway.

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
That's rough. I don't think this return will be added to my "record" at Best Buy (can't see why it would be added to yours either in spite of the previous 4 exchanges) since it's been initiated by the manufacturer, so I guess I still have some leeway.
They have a policy that if you have so many returns, you get banned from returning any more items for a year. You don't know it until you buy your next product and find out at time of purchase. 95% of the time the tv is perfect. Not sure a G6 will reach 100%

·
Registered
7,960 Posts
They have a policy that if you have so many returns, you get banned from returning any more items for a year. You don't know it until you buy your next product and find out at time of purchase. 95% of the time the tv is perfect. Not sure a G6 will reach 100%
I suppose you are close enough to video nirvana to not take the risk. I'd have to put my satisfaction at around 80%. I still have to wonder if a manufacturer-initiated exchange would put you in the same category as your typical returner within the BB period. It's a unique case.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Since it's our first movie night with the family and you guys prob have more experiance testing out movies.. which newer ish 3d movie should I be thinking about?

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
I suppose you are close enough to video nirvana to not take the risk. I'd have to put my satisfaction at around 80%. I still have to wonder if a manufacturer-initiated exchange would put you in the same category as your typical returner within the BB period. It's a unique case.
I have until next November before my 1 year LG warranty expires. I will sit tight for now. However, if the new models are significantly better, I will give Robert a call.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

At least in IL they (BB) has gotten rid of the return ban policy. If they don't ask for an ID then they aren't using the third party tracking. This was confirmed by a store manager a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: wxman

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
At least in IL they (BB) has gotten rid of the return ban policy. If they don't ask for an ID then they aren't using the third party tracking. This was confirmed by a store manager a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. They never asked for my ID on any of my returns. Every time I went back to the store and told them my issues. They always set up a replacement without issue. Perhaps multiple exchanges due to defects are treated differently than multiple exchanges for non defect related reasons.

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
I see that the G6 is on the BB web site as coming soon. If it's anything like how they handled the 9500, it will be available within 10 days. My guess, next week after the Super Bowl commercial.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yeah, got my call last week. I still have to pack mine up. Not sure if I can hold out for the E6, or if the price will be too high for me. We shall see.
If the 9500 takes a nice price drop I may try again..................
LG just called me, they are going to send me a prepaid fedex label and refund me via check for the whole purchase price.

I'll see you guys in the G6 thread lol.
Did they offer a swap if you had wished to go that route? Or only a refund?
Still waiting to hear back on mine.

14041 - 14060 of 24800 Posts