AVS Forum banner

16521 - 16540 of 24800 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have noticed if you are at extreme angles with the OLED you get a lot of crosstalk. I am 9 feet away or so, and I see a little every now and then in stuff like buildings or busy backgrounds.
Hmm I noticed if I moved further back it seems to go away. I also didn't get a huge feeling of depth. I know on my PC I can increase that at the cost of some eye strain.

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
I would image the closer you are, the more dead on you would need to be. As far as depth, I was pretty happy with In the Heart of the Sea and The Martian was good too.

The popout menu and HUD stuff on The Martian were cool.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I was wondering about soundbars for my lgef9500.Question is do i need to buy LG version to be able too turn on tv and bar at the same time?Trying to make it easy as possible for Wife.Do other brands offer a way to be turned on with LG remote?

And any suggestions for a decent midrange price bar?Thank you.
I can't make a suggestion as I am not a sound bar fan, but I can tell you HDMI CEC control is there. So you can do all sound / on-off with the LG remote.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Save yourself 13,000+ posts worth of reading except for 2 and 3 below. Visit satboy's summary of issues as of 1Nov2015 - here

BB 9/13/15 65" = $6,999.98 55" = $4,999.98

For now, from the LG site

LG 55EF9500 Specs

ULTRA HD (3840x2160)
Tru-4K Upscaler
Tru-Color Generator
Anti-Reflective Coating
Just Scan (1:1 Pixel Matching)
Real Cinema 24p
4K UHD File Playback (HEVC, VP9)

SMART TV
webOS webOS 2.0
Processor Quad Core
Magic Remote 2015 (Included)
Natural Voice Recognition
Universal Control Capability
LG Content Store (App Store)
Web Browser
SMART SHARE
Screen Share
Content Share

3D
FPR (Passive)
Dual Play
3D Glasses 2 Glasses Included

AUDIO
Speaker System 2 Channel
Output Power 20W
Sound System ULTRA Surround
Mono/Stereo/Dual (MTS/SAP)
Dolby® Digital Decoder
DTS Decoder
Sound Designed by harman/kardon®
Clear Voice II
Wireless Sound Sync

CONNECTIVITY
Wi-Fi® Direct
Wi-Fi® Built-In
SIMPLINK™ (HDMI™ CEC)
USB
Video DivX HD
Photo JPEG, JPS, MPO
Audio AC3(Dolby Digital), EAC3, HE-AAC, AAC, MP2, MP3, PC M, DTS, RA, WMA

INPUTS
RF in (Antenna/Cable) 1 (Rear)
Component Video In 1 (Rear)
Composite In (AV) 1 (Rear)
Optical 1 (Rear)
HDMI® 3 (Side)
USB 3.0/2.0 1 / 2 (Side)
LAN 1 (Rear)
RS232 1 (Rear, Phone Jack)

POWER
Power Supply (Voltage, Hz) 100V ~ 240V, 50/60 Hz
Standby Mode 0.3W

WALL MOUNT
VESA Easy Slim (OTW150)

DIMENSIONS / WEIGHT
TV without Stand (WxHxD) 48.3” x 28.3” x 2”
TV with Stand (WxHxD) 48.3” x 29.9” x 8.4”
TV Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD) 56.5” x 32” x 8.9”
TV without Stand weight 30 lbs
TV with Stand weight 37.9 lbs
Shipping Weight 51.1 lbs

WARRANTY / UPC
Limited Warranty 1 Year Parts & Labor

LG 65EF9500 specs

TV without Stand (WxHxD) 57.1” x 33.1” x 2”
TV with Stand (WxHxD) 57” x 34.8” x 9.3”
TV Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD) 66.1” x 36.8” x 10”
TV without Stand weight 46.7 lbs
TV with Stand weight 56.9 lbs
Shipping Weight 74.3 lbs
So today I went to BB fully armed with prices on the LG 65 EF 9500 from MC, Nice, Joes, hoping for a price match. The salesman didn't want to sell me the LG OLED, and showed me why. The Image burn on the 65 was horrible. You could easily see BB lettering in both light and dark scenes. I can see where IR would be a problem on the showroom floor, but he told me that virtually every end consumer had brought the TVs back for IR. I ended up getting The Sammy 65 JS 8500, not happy about the silver bezel, but I'll live with it. BB wouldn't price match anyone but Amazon. On either set. Off to the Samsung owners thread in hopes that I haven't made a mistake. Thanks to all for your insight.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Save yourself 13,000+ posts worth of reading except for 2 and 3 below. Visit satboy's summary of issues as of 1Nov2015 - here

BB 9/13/15 65" = $6,999.98 55" = $4,999.98

For now, from the LG site

LG 55EF9500 Specs

ULTRA HD (3840x2160)
Tru-4K Upscaler
Tru-Color Generator
Anti-Reflective Coating
Just Scan (1:1 Pixel Matching)
Real Cinema 24p
4K UHD File Playback (HEVC, VP9)

SMART TV
webOS webOS 2.0
Processor Quad Core
Magic Remote 2015 (Included)
Natural Voice Recognition
Universal Control Capability
LG Content Store (App Store)
Web Browser
SMART SHARE
Screen Share
Content Share

3D
FPR (Passive)
Dual Play
3D Glasses 2 Glasses Included

AUDIO
Speaker System 2 Channel
Output Power 20W
Sound System ULTRA Surround
Mono/Stereo/Dual (MTS/SAP)
Dolby:registered: Digital Decoder
DTS Decoder
Sound Designed by harman/kardon:registered:
Clear Voice II
Wireless Sound Sync

CONNECTIVITY
Wi-Fi:registered: Direct
Wi-Fi:registered: Built-In
SIMPLINK:tm: (HDMI:tm: CEC)
USB
Video DivX HD
Photo JPEG, JPS, MPO
Audio AC3(Dolby Digital), EAC3, HE-AAC, AAC, MP2, MP3, PC M, DTS, RA, WMA

INPUTS
RF in (Antenna/Cable) 1 (Rear)
Component Video In 1 (Rear)
Composite In (AV) 1 (Rear)
Optical 1 (Rear)
HDMI:registered: 3 (Side)
USB 3.0/2.0 1 / 2 (Side)
LAN 1 (Rear)
RS232 1 (Rear, Phone Jack)

POWER
Power Supply (Voltage, Hz) 100V ~ 240V, 50/60 Hz
Standby Mode 0.3W

WALL MOUNT
VESA Easy Slim (OTW150)

DIMENSIONS / WEIGHT
TV without Stand (WxHxD) 48.3? x 28.3? x 2?
TV with Stand (WxHxD) 48.3? x 29.9? x 8.4?
TV Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD) 56.5? x 32? x 8.9?
TV without Stand weight 30 lbs
TV with Stand weight 37.9 lbs
Shipping Weight 51.1 lbs

WARRANTY / UPC
Limited Warranty 1 Year Parts & Labor

LG 65EF9500 specs

TV without Stand (WxHxD) 57.1? x 33.1? x 2?
TV with Stand (WxHxD) 57? x 34.8? x 9.3?
TV Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD) 66.1? x 36.8? x 10?
TV without Stand weight 46.7 lbs
TV with Stand weight 56.9 lbs
Shipping Weight 74.3 lbs
So today I went to BB fully armed with prices on the LG 65 EF 9500 from MC, Nice, Joes, hoping for a price match. The salesman didn't want to sell me the LG OLED, and showed me why. The Image burn on the 65 was horrible. You could easily see BB lettering in both light and dark scenes. I can see where IR would be a problem on the showroom floor, but he told me that virtually every end consumer had brought the TVs back for IR. I ended up getting The Sammy 65 JS 8500, not happy about the silver bezel, but I'll live with it. BB wouldn't price match anyone but Amazon. On either set. Off to the Samsung owners thread in hopes that I haven't made a mistake. Thanks to all for your insight.
I am long session gamer with games that have hella static images on screen for nice amounts of time and I've never had ir period
It's also been people on here who have had their tvs on overnight and have had no issues but IMO this TV is real good as far as handling ir

·
Registered
85 Posts
They run the same loop 24 hours a day for a year.. of course those sets would have burn in as they never turn it off to clear any IR.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Agreed Lak.

·
Registered
132 Posts
As promised, a few pictures of my modest setup. The wife loves how the glass on the stand makes it look like the TV is floating. I must say I'm a fan too it looks great and I'm glad I chose not to mount it.
Nice with the exception of the helmet with a star on bottom left. Thanks for sharing. :)

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Nice with the exception of the helmet with a star on bottom left. Thanks for sharing. :)
What can I say I enjoy rooting for a team that hasn't been relevant for a long time. With that said, can the season hurry up and start already? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,960 Posts
It sounds like your BB rep got his Samsung payout recently. These sets do have to be turned off from time to time and if you only do it through the mains, it has no way of clearing the retention.

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
It sounds like your BB rep got his Samsung payout recently. These sets do have to be turned off from time to time and if you only do it through the mains, it has no way of clearing the retention.
Ding ding ding.

Reactions: Carter D

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,532
While I have an xbox one and not a PS, the screen will dim way down after being static for a while (zero motion) like a static screen as you noted "Frozen"
So with that said you should not have a retention issue and there is built in protection which is not often talked about.
That is ASBL as mentioned in post 2, number 4.

Are they formatted FAT32? I thought somewhere in the thread it said the set can't read NTFS
I format NTFS for very large files on 128GB thumb drives and they work just fine.

It certainly does.

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
I think I would be heading back to BB to cancel that order. Edge lit vs absolute black. No comparison. However, you are saving about $2500.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I think that guy played you. I wouldn't use a floor model as a determining factor for ir when they have their sets on all the time. And I doubt almost everyone returned for that reason too...other reasons for sure. I went through 4 OLED replacements myself, but never for ir. They were just trying to push outdated models. The new flagship Samsung which is edge lit the 65" is preordering for 3800

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have two deals I found

First is the 55EG9100 for 1600$ shipped

Second is the 55EF9500 for $2250 shipped

Obviously the 4k option here is the better deal but is it really worth the price difference?

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I think that guy played you. I wouldn't use a floor model as a determining factor for ir when they have their sets on all the time. And I doubt almost everyone returned for that reason too...other reasons for sure. I went through 4 OLED replacements myself, but never for ir. They were just trying to push outdated models. The new flagship Samsung which is edge lit the 65" is preordering for 3800
4? What were the issues?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
So today I went Back to BB and cancelled my order for the Samsung 65 JS 8500 and got the LG 65 EF 9500. No deals to be had :( If I had read the posts on this forum about IR completely I would have stuck with my original idea of purchasing the LG. I don't think IR is a problem for me as I don't do any gaming, just TV and movies. I don't really have any static images on the screen. This info for you too Waxman. Thanks to everyone here for your help. Now off to find threads on calibration.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
So today I went Back to BB and cancelled my order for the Samsung 65 JS 8500 and got the LG 65 EF 9500. No deals to be had :( If I had read the posts on this forum about IR completely I would have stuck with my original idea of purchasing the LG. I don't think IR is a problem for me as I don't do any gaming, just TV and movies. I don't really have any static images on the screen. This info for you too Waxman. Thanks to everyone here for your help. Now off to find threads on calibration.
Oh I did get a 300.00 gift card.

16521 - 16540 of 24800 Posts