AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second LG television and I must say I'm a bit disappointed.

I had a 2012 model 60LS5700 and now the 2013 55LA6900.

The 3D is nice, however the ARC in both models failed miserably, on two different receivers too.

On the LA6900 the ARC worked for 5 min right out of the box and now it won't budge at all. Same with the 2012 model that I used to have.

I switched to Optical out and it only drives two channels (stereo).

Does anyone else have this issue with the ARC, is there a setting I am missing?

EDIT:ARC is no longer an issue, it was a problem between the couch and the remote. See 4th post.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How is the performance of the set generally aside the arc issues you are having?? Can you post pictures? Have you tried gaming on it? How is the gaming lag?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aside ARC issue and the optical only sending a stereo channel the performance is good.

I don't think I'm the only one having these ARC issues with this or other LG TV's.

Wondering if other LG TV owners are having ARC issues?

I need fodder when I call LG and demand my money back, I don't like owning cheap crap.

To answer your question, I have thus far played Batman Arkham City in 3D and Ghost Recon on the 360 on the TV and it is good there is no noticeable lag.

The construction is kind of cheap though, after wall mounting it i noticed I was able to push the screen in on the corners it has a little too much give and seems flimsy.

EDIT: After further research it seems that the part that I'm able to push in, is the 3D filter in front of the LCD screen.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh man is my face red, I had to setup the ARC output to Auto.

Once I did that the optical audio output started to pass through dolby digital and DTS.

Once I did that I had to go into the input menu and enable Simplink once I did that ARC started to work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How is the audio quality of this set being 2.1? I was thinking about getting the 47" for my bedroom and didn't want to invest in a soundbar or clutter up the room with external audio equipment (WAF).

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright here is a link to the pictures:

Sorry for the grainy pictures apparently G+ is now auto enhancing pictures.

I'll repost later after I put the speakers through the works.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is a nice set that's for sure.

I've attached more pictures for you.

Also the 2.1 sound is decent, definitively better than all other TV's I've heard.

I listened to some Music and it was enjoyable.

I watched a bit of the Dark Night as well and while decent it wasn't the best, I mean there is only so much bass you can fit in that TV cabinet.

My TV is also wall mounted so that might make a difference.

All in all the sound is really good for a TV set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just returned my 55la6900 yesterday as is would turn off and on and never stop. They confirmed this at the store and I exchanged it for a different tv. BTW, this only happened with HDMI components. It had a great picture before it would shut itself off and the sound was good for a thin tv but I used my own audio. I suppose I just got unlucky, but be on the watch with this set.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Things like that happen, especially with the electronics of today, it's an inevitable byproduct of complex machinery and programming.

I for one am happy with mine, except for the local dimming it is really bothering me.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist_To_Resist  /t/1472637/lg-55la6900#post_23353737

Things like that happen, especially with the electronics of today, it's an inevitable byproduct of complex machinery and programming.

I for one am happy with mine, except for the local dimming it is really bothering me.

why does Local Dimming function bother you? is it something that you can do away with?

I'm considering this and the LA6200 model. Really still torn until now. gaaah

·
Registered
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist_To_Resist  /t/1472637/lg-55la6900#post_23353737

why does Local Dimming function bother you? is it something that you can do away with?

I'm considering this and the LA6200 model. Really still torn until now. gaaah

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got the 50la6200 yesterday. I absolutely love it. My wife thought she wouldnt like the 3d but we watched a bit tonight and everyone thought it was the best 3d theyve ever seen.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienoob  /t/1472637/lg-55la6900#post_23400789

I got the 50la6200 yesterday. I absolutely love it. My wife thought she wouldnt like the 3d but we watched a bit tonight and everyone thought it was the best 3d theyve ever seen.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

any chance you tested / compared this with the LA6900?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very interested in this set, but not sure i can fit the 55", as the TV will be set in a corner shelf. The corner shelf is 57 inch (144.8cm) in its widest part, but with the TV stand, that will set the screen back some and then not sure it would fit...

For those who own the 55", could someone please tell what is the distance from the front edge of the stand to the screen? That will tell me how far back the screen is and whether I will have enough space.

Also, just read a review on Amazon saying that the volume is RF-controlled, not IR, meaning you can't use a Harmony remote that is IR only to control volume??? Anyone using something else that the included LG remote???

Thanks in advance!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts