AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about purchasing a 55" LH90 and realize in my research that this is probably the most well-loved TV by calibrators due to the vast Menu it has. My question is simple, anyone here know of anyone in the South Florida area who's a respectable calibrator with experience tweaking this particular TV?

Reading Chad and a few others' posts on calibration of this unit I thought it'd be better to find someone with experience doing-so, rather than just a crapshoot. It's got a pretty "deep" capability so I'd prefer someone who's thorough enough to take advantage.

I may go to the Magnolias in my area and question the Geeks there to make sure they're qualified as a backup. (it is financeable after all)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
My strong feeling is that the geeks will not do a good job on this TV. I've went after them twice to fix jobs they'd botched on simpler TVs (Panny plasma and Mits DLP). Plus I heard they limit it to no more than 2 hrs; you can't do a good job on this TV in that amount of time. I would not even consider that good enough as a back up.

Contact Forum Sponsor Chris from Cleveland Plasma; he'll have a good recommendation for you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sux, 'cause Best Buy would've financed it. Maybe I'll try to get friendly with them and see how they'll do. They WILL calibrate for longer but I believe you have to pay xtra for it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It all depends on the tech. I usually use the full 2hrs, some are in and and out in 30 min and just calibrate black, white, color, tint, sharpness, and grayscale. For me, Ill spend as much time as needed. Ive spent 3+ hours on LGs before. See if you can find out who the tech would be. Call him up and ask him tons of questions, and hopefully you will find one of the passionate, competent ones. If not, Bob Fucci is down there, look him up

edit: The only reason to pay extra is if you wanted more than two inputs done. The service includes 2 inputs with a day and night mode on each. Dont let the tech skimp you on the day/night modes. Also, with an LG, make sure that he isnt going to copy/paste settings if both of your inputs are HDMI. Ask if he connects the generator to EACH input and calibrates accordingly

Some of the BB techs are really good, you just have to find them unfortunately. I would love to do it for you, but Im in Tampa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.