AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought a LG 55LM4600 from Costco which I think is having black border issue. I have attached the picture after the calibration of the TV using HCFR colorimeter. 3D and normal programming works just fine and I see that only when the screen turns black, that's when I have a movie shot in dark or when I switch my TV on I see that borders have the back light ON causing some white patches to appear. If I reduce the backlight the picture quality is taking a hit. So I'm here to check if this is normal with this model or if there's any resolution for this. I am also keying in the color settings for the TV

brightness : 53

contrast: 75

backlight 85

Blue Contrast : - 7

Red Contrast : +6

blue brightness : -2

red brightness : +1

color : 48

Appreciate your help on getting this issue resolved!

Thanks,

Ganesh

·
Registered
252 Posts
These things happens to all LCD some more then others. I have the same model...& when new I was seeing it more...but now after using it for sometime...I see that those flashes have reduced/eliminated.

Keep using your set for sometime...since you bought from Costco..you have 90 days to return if you are not happy. So use it..& see if those goes down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I also see the same on my 47". Other than that I would say its a good TV but those corner patches can get annoying. Would you guys agree that this would be one if not the cheapest led 3d tv out?

·
Registered
389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshch  /t/1468720/lg-55lm4600-black-border-issue#post_23215258

Hi,

I recently bought a LG 55LM4600 from Costco which I think is having black border issue. I have attached the picture after the calibration of the TV using HCFR colorimeter. 3D and normal programming works just fine and I see that only when the screen turns black, that's when I have a movie shot in dark or when I switch my TV on I see that borders have the back light ON causing some white patches to appear. If I reduce the backlight the picture quality is taking a hit. So I'm here to check if this is normal with this model or if there's any resolution for this. I am also keying in the color settings for the TV

brightness : 53

contrast: 75

backlight 85

Blue Contrast : - 7

Red Contrast : +6

blue brightness : -2

red brightness : +1

color : 48

Appreciate your help on getting this issue resolved!

Thanks,

Ganesh

Try turning your backlight/brightness down..

I usually keep mine on about half.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
That first picture looks terrible. It is normal to get some lighting problems but that I would consider unacceptable. No way I would keep a new TV that looked like that, and I didn't. I went through the whole LG line up to the 7600. It did get better as you went up but some even got worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.