AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post, please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post.

I have a 2 year old LG 55LM7600. Up until 2 weeks ago it was working fine and then it suddenly went black. When I restart the TV it shows the screen with LG logo and after 3 seconds it goes black and shows no sign of power whatsoever to the screen. The sound works fine. Also, there is what looks like a loss of power to the center vertical section when it is starting and showing the logo, it's not as bright as the rest of the screen.

I was thinking of buying a new power supply for it, but before I spent that money looked around to see if anyone else had this problem or if there is a way to test if the power supply is still functional and it's something other than that. I have removed the back panel of the set and there are no burn marks on the power supply PCB.

Lastly, is there an easy/safe way to discharge the capacitors without causing any damage to the unit if I take it out? My friend told me to just short them, but with high voltage I'm concerned that I will cause damage to the board.

Thanks in advance.
-carlo

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've just posted about a similar problem, except my LG goes out completely several times before stabilizing after a few minutes and staying on. How did you resolve your problem?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts