AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working with a seating distance of 12 feet, will be wall mounting, mostly streaming, some OTA and Blu-Ray, gaming, 3d might happen from time to time.

There is a nearly $500 price difference on these sets after taxes (sticker is $1699 on the 7200, $1250 on the 6200), and I understand the 55LA6200 to be direct-lit instead of edge-lit, which seems like a plus. Both looked good in the store, but I'm assuming the LA6200 and LM7200 panels have some quality differences that owners will be able to speak to.

I'm unsure about the value of the extra 5" or if the menus are a little more usable on either. I like that both sets have a slim, matte bezel and I like the slimmer profile of the 7200, but I'm just a little ambivalent about paying $100/inch for those last 5" of diagonal and didn't really sense a difference between 120hz and 240hz.

Any feedback at all is welcome, because anything could help me make up my mind. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
The 7200 is a true 120hz panel with TruMotion of 240hz while the 6200 is probably still a basic 60hz panel with TruMotion software making it seem like 120hz.

Also, the 7200 has local LED dimming which should help with light leakage and flash lighting but it will probably still be some. The 6200 I believe is direct so that should also improve light leakage on that model.

As far as size goes, while 60" vs 55" is only 5" in number a 60" TV actually offers 20% more viewing screen over a 55". So you get more then it really sounds like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good point about the refresh rate, thank you. One review described it as a "native 120hz panel" on the 6200, but I see others call it "TruMotion 120hz", so I'm guessing you're correct about that. I don't like the soap opera effect of True Motion or similar technologies and always turn off it off.

It might be more fair to frame this as a comparison between the 60LM7200 and the 60LA6200, since the latter has the same price tag at Amazon right now. After doing some more reading last night about LG's Direct LED (as on the 6200) and realizing that it lacks local dimming, I decided to go ahead and pick up the 60LM7200 for Tuesday delivery, prepared for the possibility that I may want to swap it out for an LA6200. With the extreme low profile, this is the one I fell in love with in the store first (when it was on sale for $1299, which is part of my reason for second guessing the purchase) and that will probably look the most impressive on a slim wall mount. There really doesn't seem to be a better value in a 60" at the moment.

I'm coming from a 46" Samsung, so this should be a pretty remarkable step up. The tape is on the wall to help me figure out where it's going to hang.
I'll certainly post in the xxLM7200 thread when I've had some time to play with it, but any other thoughts on these models are welcome. The LA6200s really don't seem to have a whole lot said about them, just yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure whether or not to believe it, but LGs website, for the features on the la6200, says it is an ips panel with advanced local dimming LED. I have the 60la6200 and can tell you the blacks on it are amazing. Coming from a Samsung plasma, then the sharp 60le640u, the la6200 bests both of them in overall picture quality. It has a large array of calibration options and when utilized, provides excellent black levels and color. The screen is extremely uniform, especially with the blacks, although on a solid white screen with motion you can identify slight variances. You really have to be looking hard though.

Also, the off angle viewing is as good as our Sammy plasma was. No detectable change in picture quality even viewing from extreme angles.

I am extremely happy I returned my sharp and picked up the la6200.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Not sure of the current price but do yourself a favor and look at LG 60LA7400, I think you will be greatly impressed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi guys I'm about to buy an LG led tv, I need to know the following.

- 55LA6200 : does it have IPS panel ?

Is panel true 240hertz?

I just couldn't believe LG isn't using a true IPS panel on this series.

-55LA6600: same thing

-55LM7600 : Same thing here.

So basically important do panels change on this series of tv's ? are they all IPS ? I've checked some reviews saying the 55LA6200 had washer blacks and blurry images.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.