AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an issue with my LG for the past couple years but we haven't been using it enough for it to bother me. It's now becoming our main TV so I want to get this fixed.

The issue I'm having is that lines in the screen (seemingly random) will flicker. What they're actually doing is transposing the image. What's supposed to be on the left will be on the right. This only happens for a split second at a time. At times the entire screen will transpose for a split second. It happens on every input. If the menu screen is up, it as well will flip. I notice that after not using the TV for some time it will take a few minutes for it to begin happening. The more the tv is used and the longer it is used for, the more the anomaly occurs. Because of this I'm thinking it might be heat related but my knowledge of the inner workings of electronics is limited. That said, I'm not afraid to take things apart and I will attempt whatever the fix may be myself. I'll add that the TV has been plugged in at 3 different houses and it does it at each one so it's not an issue with the home electrical.

I've searched all over the internet and haven't found anything on this specific issue. Any ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I notice this post is quite old but I really hope you see this. I have owned the same model of TV for several years now and have just now started to have the same problems you've had. I actually got pretty excited to see your post because your description fits my tv's problems perfectly. So basically, were you able to fix it? I have already been searching for replacement boards online but there doesn't seem to be any. It would be very helpful to hear what you did.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has not been fixed. I'm not the type to lay down money for someone to come tell me what they think might be wrong so unless someone on a forum has an idea that works, mine will likely go unfixed. If you do get yours fixed, definitely let me know what it took. I'm going to start by just opening it up and cleaning it and tightening screws and whatnot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cleaning it wouldn't hurt let me know if that works. It could be a bad connection on the main board. I'll let you know if I end up fixing it as we'll.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello again

So I am a the point where I am ready to fix this stupid problem. I was just double checking to see if you had resolved the issue on your side? once again you are the only person that I know of that is having the same problem. I am thinking of just replacing all the boards on the TV, my guess is it might be the input board or power supply board.. any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same TV and exact same problem if either of you find a solution please post it. It is very annoying and Im to the point where I have been shopping new TVs. Money I don't need to be spending. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Baxter,

I have started to think it is the power supply, because I have noticed it happens when there are a light of bright images on screen. For example, If there is a lot of white displayed on the screen it will start to happen more often. Let me know if you notice the same thing. I still need to contact LG and see if I can get more info. Let me know if you guys find anything else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I have some good news, I think I might of fixed the issue that was described in this thread. I opened the back and just reseated the main connection to the logic board from the input board. I also reseated some other connections I could easily reach.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts