AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all ive got a question.im thinking of getting the lg60pv250 at rent a center and i went and its got a great picture but the only thing is i went home and looked up info on the thing and all i can find is that the tv is sold in Australia.it is not even listed on lg's usa website.i did find however the lg60pv450 anyone know if its the same tv with a different model number. i know sometimes they will sell tvs that are the same with different model numbers in different regions.or if maybe anyone has the lg 60pv250 what the quality of the set and how much do you like it thank you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have recently bought one too and cant find any details on the net...till now....it is actually a PV450....If you look on the back of the tv and find the FCC ID you will find that it is indeed a USA PV450 model...dont know how these models got here but all USA FCC goes buy is the FCC ID #...hope this helps guys

·
Registered
43 Posts
@starfirer...i havnt had any problems with the volume on mine...make sure you turn auto volume off...and have the clear voice turned to +6....the down side to having a thin panel plasma is that it is hard to put quality speakers in a thin panel tv...

·
Registered
43 Posts
As stated in recent post....I just bought this tv in Aug and have broken in the tv with 200hrs of break in time...was wondering if anyone has had this tv for some time and would like to share calibration settings / expert1 settings and if theres a way to get into the service menu to actually see the hrs used on the plasma...

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge19806 /forum/post/20908275

As stated in recent post....I just bought this tv in Aug and have broken in the tv with 200hrs of break in time...was wondering if anyone has had this tv for some time and would like to share calibration settings / expert1 settings and if theres a way to get into the service menu to actually see the hrs used on the plasma...

I also just got this set and I'm under 200 hrs. I would 2nd any help with this set.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In the main thread refered to above, there is mention of the tuner difference between the PV250 and PV450(PAL/DVB-T vs NTSC/ATSC). Has anyone here observed this difference when trying to use the PV250 in the US? I assume this is only an issue for OTA broadcasts and HDMI output from US devices should still be okay.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

As mentioned above has any one who bought this television please confirm if this model is the European version supporting PAL and DVB-T? What does the user manual or specification say? I am planning on buying one because I am looking for something that plays in both the US and India. Any help from the purchasers is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvspriya /forum/post/21238282

Hi,

As mentioned above has any one who bought this television please confirm if this model is the European version supporting PAL and DVB-T? What does the user manual or specification say? I am planning on buying one because I am looking for something that plays in both the US and India. Any help from the purchasers is highly appreciated.

If bought in the US it will come with an ATSC tuner and not DVB-T. Essentially if bought in the US it is identical to the **PV450 models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had this TV for two months and am wondering if anybody else notices something odd...I have a comcast issued HD DVR Set-top (DCT model) connected to this TV via HDMI...when on the 720P resolution setting during motions scenes on HD content occasionally you get a horizontal "slice"/glitch such that the picture above and below the "slice" doesn't line up properly...when you rewind it back it won't be there...sort of random...it does not do this at all on 1080i mode and it doesn't do it when connected to my HTPC at 1080p 60 or 24p...kind of annoying as my previous Vizio plasma didn't do this with the very same box...it must be the LG. The workaround is of course to use 1080i output on the comcast box but the picture isn't as nice. Any other experiences similar to bring to light for LG?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought this set from Dell, which had little detail. Is there a downloadable manual? Is there a working USB port and/or Ethernet? Is there an audio return channel for HTS set up. It appears to be a quality plasma for viewing, but lacks the bells and whistles, e.g. Internet apps, play mke files via USB . . .

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgeMN /forum/post/21373838

For those that ordered this plasma from Dell, how long did it take Dell to ship it from time of order?

I orderd mine on Sunday and it shipped today. Estemated arrival is on the 28th, Not bad for free shipping.

Funny though, DELL gave me a ETA of Feb 2nd arrival on my purchase order!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Dell had this for $799, I can't believe this isn't bigger news. Must be a substandard panel or something.

Just read their review of it. I see why.
http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm

The LG 50PV450 ($999 MSRP) was a sorely disappointing plasma. We will remember it in our hearts as being a dim screen with highly unusual greyscale gamma, and some of the worst color performance we’ve seen in an LG.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaidonjin /forum/post/21382809

Dell had this for $799, I can't believe this isn't bigger news. Must be a substandard panel or something.

The LG 50PV450 ($999 MSRP) was a sorely disappointing plasma. We will remember it in our hearts as being a dim screen with highly unusual greyscale gamma, and some of the worst color performance we've seen in an LG.

the 60vp250 isnt the 50vp450

·
Registered
62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaidonjin /forum/post/21382809

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm

The LG 50PV450 ($999 MSRP) was a sorely disappointing plasma. We will remember it in our hearts as being a dim screen with highly unusual greyscale gamma, and some of the worst color performance we've seen in an LG.

After reading the thread on the 60pv450 (same as 60pv250 for most purposes) I knew this was not going to be a top of the line plasma....but given the price point, features, and tweaks that can be been made for the black levels - it's a great value for most. Not everyone wants to or can afford to drop a couple of grand on a TV..... For 699.99 the value on this plasma is the best bang for the buck given my needs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I received the shipment notifcation today and it looks like Pilot will deliver this on Monday. Not bad for ordering last Friday afternoon with free shipping. Good thing Monday is a day off for me!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.