AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just recieved an email back from the seller and responded with "Yes, the LG 65 EF9500 factory sealed, 100% original, brand new comes with 1 full year warranty alongside 90 days return policy."

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
They are selling the 65" for less than then 55". That's also a full $1000 less than Cleveland Plasma. That's gotta be a mistake. But, please buy one, and if it works, I'm in. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are selling the 65" for less than then 55". That's also a full $1000 less than Cleveland Plasma. That's gotta be a mistake. But, please buy one, and if it works, I'm in. :D
I emailed the guy directly $3100 is the correct price for the 65in. Someone has to have some kind of info out there.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
If it sounds to good to be true, then it will be. These sketchy online dealers do the bait and switch tactic. They then sell you a different version of the TV from a different country than it was manufactured. I would run away personally... I've never heard of the site but look up Shopsmartvs and pretty much any of the main ones that pop up on google for a much lower price.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Bitdazzle is kind of like ebay "buy it now" but also trying to promote bitcoins so they have lower fees for sellers. They seem to take credit cards, however, so you can probably use that for buyer protection. Bitdazzle is just the market, the seller in this case is "4 U Wholesalers LLC" out of Florida. Unfortunately, they don't have user reviews to see if the seller is "five stars" or "one star." Who knows if it's a scam or not until you try. The shipping calculates to $128 (probably varies by zip), but it's still a good deal. You'd obviously have a hard time exchanging if you get a bad yellow band or whatever other problems people are finding.

The 55" is $2600, which is about what others like CP charge. The 65" for $3100 is far better than others, but it's possible that it's just a little above wholesale and they can sell for that price (and/or are subsidized to promote bitcoins). The seller pays higher fees if you buy with a credit card vs. bitcoin, but there doesn't appear to be a price difference for the buyer (at least in the cart).

There might very well be the whole East Coast TV "call and upsell" tactic, but who knows until you try. There's no denying that it's a gamble with the potential for a huge pain in the arse.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bitdazzle is kind of like ebay "buy it now" but also trying to promote bitcoins so they have lower fees for sellers. They seem to take credit cards, however, so you can probably use that for buyer protection. Bitdazzle is just the market, the seller in this case is "4 U Wholesalers LLC" out of Florida. Unfortunately, they don't have user reviews to see if the seller is "five stars" or "one star." Who knows if it's a scam or not until you try. The shipping calculates to $128 (probably varies by zip), but it's still a good deal. You'd obviously have a hard time exchanging if you get a bad yellow band or whatever other problems people are finding.

The 55" is $2600, which is about what others like CP charge. The 65" for $3100 is far better than others, but it's possible that it's just a little above wholesale and they can sell for that price (and/or are subsidized to promote bitcoins). The seller pays higher fees if you buy with a credit card vs. bitcoin, but there doesn't appear to be a price difference for the buyer (at least in the cart).

There might very well be the whole East Coast TV "call and upsell" tactic, but who knows until you try. There's no denying that it's a gamble with the potential for a huge pain in the arse.
Yeah really on the fence about it.. I am curious though if any of the online retailers including our forum sponsor would price match with these guys. Sending some emails today so we will see.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah really on the fence about it.. I am curious though if any of the online retailers including our forum sponsor would price match with these guys. Sending some emails today so we will see.
Doubtful on price matching, but you might luck out if you try getting $500 back through a credit card's price protection policy. They say no auction-like sites for matches, but this isn't really an auction. I suppose phone calls to the credit card price match people would also work to see if they'd do it before you order with CP or whoever. It would then be 4250-500=3750... not a match of this crazy low price, but you wouldn't be risking a scam hassle. Probably a good idea to save a pdf of this bitdazzle page if that's the plan. Plus, there's the whole yellow band lottery to worry about, so maybe just waiting is a better all-around idea.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Heck with it, I just purchased it with Paypal backed up through a credit card. Guess we will find out if it's legit. Ad said it was the 65 inch EF9500. I ordered 2 day shipping on it. Guess I'll let yall know in 2 or 3 days or before if it doesn't pan out.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I am so glad someone tried. You might as well see what the upsell is for $h*ts and grins. The cheap set is probably only an 8-bit panel without OLEDS. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I put in my buyers note that I wouldn't accept any upsell or anything except the exact LG 65EF9500 model listed in the Ad.
They didn't even bother to try to upsell me. The guy is trying awful hard to get me to do a manual paypal purchase. I told them
that anything other than a purchase through the bitdazzle website with their receipt was unacceptable.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Quaddragon, let me know if you are satisfy with your transaction and TV. I might consider buying one from them. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wanted to let you all know that it's not looking good so far. The seller has marked the TV as shipped and completed on Paypal but hasn't provided any tracking info to me. It's looking more and more like a scam by the minute. Note I went into this knowing there was a real possibility that it was a scam.
My purchase was protected with Paypal and a credit card. The worst I have to loose is time before my money is refunded. I've already filed a Paypal dispute.

I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Always check with the manufacturer to verify if the seller is an authorized dealer. Purchasing from an unauthorized dealer could be grounds for the manufacturer not to supply warranty services.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts