AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've narrowed down my choice of new TV to one of these two. My critical features are size (as big as possible), passive 3D, and no more than US$3000.

Of these two, is there any particular reason to choose one over the other, particularly when it comes to picture quality?

We don't particularly care about 4K, but like that it will allow 1080p per eye in 3D mode.

The only other option we considered was the LG 70LB7100, which is bigger, only 1080p, and apparently doesn't have an IPS panel. It will be in a fairly bright room, so we think IPS panels are a better option, and of course there's the resolution issue with passive 3D.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i can tell you that one of the difference between the 2 is that the lg can stream youtube 4k video because it has the vp9 decoder. i have the lg after initially wanting to buy the sony and it was out of stock. I'm glad it was. the color and picture quality of the lg is amazing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.