AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
The contrast ratio seems to be rather bad, from what I've read. I'd suggest checking out the 65" 1080p Panasonic instead. It's cheaper and has probably better image quality. Alternatively you could wait until 2008 where Pioneer is expected to release a 70" plasma or something like that.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I guess it's safe to assume that no one, on this site, owns this display. Given the size, it's a great price. There is a significant preceived difference in size between a 65" and a 71" display. Of course, the quality of the display is also critical, especially at this size.

BESTBUYBUSINESS on line is selling the LG 71PY1M - 1080P plasma panel - 71" for $13,625.50 (stand included). The display was introduced in 2006 for around $70,000.

Display Details

Of course, the only problem is that LG plasmas don't have the best reputation. How many LG plasma owners do we have on this forum? I've not paid much attention since Fujitsu, Panasonic and Pioneer Elite have always been my preferred choice in plasmas.

Quote:
LG's premium plasma line-up includes 50-, 60- and 71-inch units with 1920 x 1080p Full HD display capability to meet the growing demand for the highest resolution display capability, complementing new 1080p pre-recorded high-definition optical media. These models all will support 1080p via HDMI and component inputs at 24, 30 and 60 frame rates.
more details on the 71"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.