AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Since it's almost impossible to buy a new 55" C9 in my country, I'm considering B9. I'll mainly be using the tv for Netflix/HBO, PS4/PS5/PC gaming and regular SD/HD TV. Is it really worth looking and spending a few hundred dollars just to get a C9 ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
The C9 has a better processor, etc. I'm more of a guy that prefers to do it right the first time and not feel like I might be missing something. Others like saving money. At the end of the day only you can decide if its worth it, to you...

·
Registered
801 Posts
It's basically the same TV.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/lg-c9-vs-lg-b9/802/915?usage=11114&threshold=0.1

There's no "doing it right" in this case, since both are already out-of-production models, replaced by the BX and CX.

The C9 is brighter in HDR mode, that's it. The panel's the same, this is their processor difference (likely deliberate), and it's the entirety of the difference between the models. It's not like they use different generations; it's the same gen, same code. The C9 seems to have some more processing power for 4K120 playback, but it's not like there is content.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts