AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read through the threads here and sound like both are excellent BR players at great prices. I'll be going to HHGregg at lunch to get one, just not sure which one yet. Is there a "hands down" better one?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the LG BD370.

·
Registered
841 Posts
As much as I love the LG390, the 370 isn't quite the same. the JVC is alot of bang for the buck. Go with it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats the difference you guys are basing your opinions on? The only one I noticed (and I'm a n00b) was the Netflix was available on the LG. Not sure if we'd use it, but its there. What else is there?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Personally I just love LG because I've never had a problem with them. Well-built, very good PQ/AQ, and yes - it has Netflix streaming. I had the BD390 in my hand last night, but last minute decision made me go for a PS3 instead.

But ultimately - like many others would suggest, let your eyes and ears be the judge. Whichever suites you just right

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
you really ought to post in the help me choose forum

if you're interested in netflix, the 370 is the only choice.

if you want quality dvd playback, get the jvc.

click on my signature for objective results from synthetic tests for deinterlacing of both film and video based content.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 /forum/post/16986656

you really ought to post in the help me choose forum

if you're interested in netflix, the 370 is the only choice.

if you want quality dvd playback, get the jvc.

click on my signature for objective results from synthetic tests for deinterlacing of both film and video based content.

Awesome! Thank you.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
berger:

Welcome to AVS. Two quick comments. 1) We don't allow street price discussion outside of the deals sticky at the top of the forum. The owners want AVS to be about the tech. side of the hobby, not where to buy and what's the best price. But, they do provide a thread to discuss deals with the understanding that's the only place to post that type of information.

2) As winston suggested, you'll want to repost this type of question in the "help me chose a BR player" sticky thread.

Good Luck and welcome to AVS

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.