AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a new sony 32xbr6 lcd and it kick ass using the BH200 with it. the player gets a better picture on the LCD than my plasma.

but when i hit display on the sony tv remote when watching a blu ray or HD dvd on the LG it says 1080p/24p. i thought player supports 60p and the LCD is a 60hz tv. ive tried different blu rays already and still says its only getting 24p

·
Banned
11,424 Posts
It may be accepting a 24fps input, just not displaying it as such. That's the behavior I've seen on my Samsung LCD. And what Plasma did you have out of curiosity that pales in comparison to an XBR? Must not have been a Kuro.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 /forum/post/15584789

And what Plasma did you have out of curiosity that pales in comparison to an XBR? Must not have been a Kuro.

Normally I would say it wasn't a Panasonic, either. I wonder if it's an older Panny that doesn't accept 1080p24, but I doubt that 3:2 pulldown alone would cause a better picture. My Mits is capable of accepting 24 fps, but I'm not sure if the LG sends it or just 1080p60.

·
Banned
11,424 Posts
Oh, I agree...3:2 pulldown is only one piece of the puzzle. Your Mitsubishi doesn't have a feature showing the current refresh cycle of any given input? The LG, along with its main competitor (personally confirmed), should easily transmit 24fps.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 /forum/post/15584789

It may be accepting a 24fps input, just not displaying it as such. That's the behavior I've seen on my Samsung LCD. And what Plasma did you have out of curiosity that pales in comparison to an XBR? Must not have been a Kuro.

panasonic TH42px20 older model plasma.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts