AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1084 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSholtis /forum/post/14992982

AC/DC No Bull few minor audio dropouts using the current fireware and driver.

Is this bitsreaming or PCM?

And BD or HD (not sure if its available on both formats)

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No luck on Madagascar using the 1080p/60 trick that worked with the HD DVD Shooter. It appeared to get through the ***Loading*** screen quicker but not its on a black screen doing nothing.

·
Registered
909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD /forum/post/14998982

Is this bitsreaming or PCM?

And BD or HD (not sure if its available on both formats)

BD/PCM. Just available on BD. Was just released a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSholtis /forum/post/14999043

BD/PCM. Just available on BD. Was just released a few weeks ago.

Gotcha. Not familiar with music on BD/HD that much.

·
Registered
584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsane /forum/post/14996494

you didn't have any menu problems with Clerks 2? Did you have to work through any issues to get it to play?

Thanks,

No issues at all, it played exactly the way it does in my HD DVD players.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Rented 'Hell Ride' today and the player recognizes it as a BD disc then ejects it and reads 'Disc Error'

I guess I will try another copy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My T2 German Steelbook HD DVD plays fine except for the web updates (June firmware). They don't work at all, the screen just sits there and the progress bar doesn't move. I know the server is still up as I can run them fine on my Onkyo DV-HD805. For what it's worth, the web updates will not run on my HD-A3 with 4.0 firmware, either.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsane /forum/post/15006787

Rented 'Hell Ride' today and the player recognizes it as a BD disc then ejects it and reads 'Disc Error'

Mine worked fine a few weeks ago when I watched it.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willits /forum/post/14976721

I had the same problems with Zohan BD as these posts in the old locked thread: 992 993 994 995 996

Latest firmware and driver. Can't bitstream audio and progress bar freezes on screen. Disk plays fine on other players

Add another person there... same issue for the progress bar that freeze on-screen once you used your PAUSE, FFW or RW button and at the title end, it does not come back to main menu, it remain on a black screen.

Bitstream over SPDIF worked fine here thus, but obviously in 2-ch only because it's TrueHD but DTS Re-code worked fine for 5.1 in SPDIF.

I also experienced random small audio drops sometimes over different title an old HD-DVD, Dukes of Hazzard, using bitstream DD+ 5.1 soundtrack over SPDIF and I'm pretty sure it was not the laser layer switch because doing RW and replay it did'nt make it. I think the 06/21 firmware has introducted some audio dropout actually because the april and prior ones did'nt makes any ones.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsane /forum/post/15006787

I had the same issue with Disc 2 of Season 2 of Heroes. I got a backup disc, same issue. (recognized as a BD, then kicked out the disc and read "Disc Error")

Then I cleared my BD storage on the player and it loaded fine. Maybe give that a try.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
GizmoDVD or anybody,

Anybody can tell me if you were able to play the The World Fastest India Blu-ray with not problems?

My Netflix copy kept freezing at several spots. I'm suspecting a bad disc but want to make sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krobar /forum/post/14994234

I'm pretty sure Hotel Babylon, Robin Hood, Pan's Labyrinth and German T2 were reported by more than one user.

I can definitely confirm the Robin Hood HD UK Box issue exactly as described.

I would also ask to add:

Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 2 German HD DVDs will not play, probably due to the ICT (Image Constraint Token) flag used. However, there is a workaround: Insert disc, wait till disc loads and press chapter jump BEFORE menu is loaded completely. Timing is crucial.

Resident Evil 3 German HD DVD plays without problems due to the fact that no ICT is used.

My Firmware BH02080620A - 2008-06-20:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I confirm also this one (Firmware BH02080620A) :

16. Underworld: Evolution, ++SPANISH++ HD-DVD - It is not possible to disable the Spanish subtitles.

Note that I am not too sure it should be listed as a BH200 bug, since the trick used to remove Spanish subtitles on Toshiba HD XE1 was actually defeating an intentional limitation of this Spanish HD-DVD edition.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I don't think that's a BH200 bug but more a limitation of the disc. It's just you can happen to get around it on the Toshiba.

I cannot stand Mainland European discs that do this. France an Germany are the worst. UK discs virtually never enforce subtitles.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel2167882 /forum/post/15009417

I also experienced random small audio drops sometimes over different title an old HD-DVD, Dukes of Hazzard, using bitstream DD+ 5.1 soundtrack over SPDIF and I'm pretty sure it was not the laser layer switch because doing RW and replay it did'nt make it. I think the 06/21 firmware has introducted some audio dropout actually because the april and prior ones did'nt makes any ones.

aww man, i hope thats not true, unless a firmware is coming out soon. I have a few discs with 7.1 that i have yet to watch.

I'm on the latest firmware (june) and driver. I've watched through sleeping beauty, kung fu panda, and hellboy 1, with no issues. I'm getting dropouts with the incredible hulk and bond die another day. I dont remember having any dropouts while watching incredible hulk on the april firmware. Oh yeah, i've also watched Journey to center of the earth with no problems on either firmware.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD /forum/post/15040792

Out of all my HD DVD imports I have yet to have any forced subtitles.

There are several import HD-DVDs (the French TERMINATOR 2 [at least the theatrical disc], THE GRADUATE and SERPICO) with forced subs.

21 - 40 of 1084 Posts