AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1084 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
My copy of KUNG FU PANDA -- another Dreamworks/Paramount BD -- is recognized as a Blu Ray disc then says "Disc Error" and is spit out.

I tried clearing the BD memory but to no avail. Likely this is the same issue as what we've seen with MADAGASCAR recently -- same studio, same problem.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM2006RI /forum/post/15055978

My copy of KUNG FU PANDA -- another Dreamworks/Paramount BD -- is recognized as a Blu Ray disc then says "Disc Error" and is spit out.

I tried clearing the BD memory but to no avail. Likely this is the same issue as what we've seen with MADAGASCAR recently -- same studio, same problem.

I'll pop mine in...

I played it on my S550

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM2006RI /forum/post/15055978

Just tossed in Panda...loaded fine. Mine is running at 24fps as well.

just tossed in Wall-E....loaded fine. Skipped through a few chapters just in case.

Tropic Thunder....loaded fine. Skipped through a few chapters just in case.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rveras /forum/post/15055946

GizmoDVD where is your BH200 vs S550 review?

What would you like me to compare? I did a brief review of the S350 a few months ago on the website where I post my reviews.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD /forum/post/15057488

What would you like me to compare? I did a brief review of the S350 a few months ago on the website where I post my reviews.

I was looking for disc load times comparisons specially with BD-Java discs. Any significant picture improvement? What are the things you like about the S550 that the BH200 doesn't do and visa versa?

Can you provide a link to your S350 review?

·
Registered
116 Posts

Quote:

They may be related, but for ther record that is not the same problem most people have reported (myself included) with Madagascar. Madagascar frozen after the loading screen on the blank, black screen. Not trying to split hairs, but I believe others have said this BD played fine in their players. Might be the disc.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rveras /forum/post/15057950

I was looking for disc load times comparisons specially with BD-Java discs. Any significant picture improvement? What are the things you like about the S550 that the BH200 doesn't do and visa versa?

Can you provide a link to your S350 review?

Here is a link to my brief review of the S350 from several months ago:
http://moviemansguide.com/forums/index.php?topic=62.0

I know AVS does not allow reviewers to post links to their own movie reviews (but others can if its not their own) but I don't know how they respond to players. If a mod wants me to remove this link PM me or just do it.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rveras /forum/post/15057950

I'll do a 'seconds' test later for you.

As for everything else...

PQ is the same. I compared a few movies that I had double of on BD and they looked identical.

As for liking...the remote is a million times better. Its backlit and just feels better. The build quality is also nice and the display on the player is a lot easier to read. I do miss the "ping" of the LG buttons and the BD/HD logo lighting up. I'm keeping my LG 200 for HD/DVD and for some Region locked BDs I own.

Menus are a lot faster. I noticed this right away as I popped in Kung Fu Panda to test. No delay - just went right through the features.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM2006RI /forum/post/15055886

There are several import HD-DVDs (the French TERMINATOR 2 [at least the theatrical disc], THE GRADUATE and SERPICO) with forced subs.

The Graduate doesn't have Forced Subs but the other two as described do. I have the Graduate HD-DVD. It's easily better than the DVD. It's DTS-HD MA 2.0 though, if that bothers you.

Three Days of the Condor also has Forced Subs. They're all French Studio Canal HD-DVDs from source, many were ported around Europe and Australia.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there,

I just chatted live with LG because of the playback-problems (and my english ;-) come on, I´m a German) - here the knockdown result:

"Unfortuantely, they have decided against offering any updates. You can contact us at 800-243-0000 to have the reimbursement processed". There seems to be no way out ...

·
Registered
275 Posts
^And that's exactly what I'm afraid of--that LG is washing their hands of updating the BH200 at all. Deciding to drop Profile 2.0 is one thing. No further updates? That's inexcusable. Unfortunately, given the rate of "playback fixes" LG has provided to date, not very surprising. The situation is infuriatingly frustrating.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there no way like a petition to send it to the headquarter, to attention of a person in charge? Do they know that here are many dissatisfied people .....? I will push LG out of my client-memory .....

·
Registered
277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilblue /forum/post/15073861

^And that's exactly what I'm afraid of--that LG is washing their hands of updating the BH200 at all. Deciding to drop Profile 2.0 is one thing. No further updates? That's inexcusable. Unfortunately, given the rate of "playback fixes" LG has provided to date, not very surprising. The situation is infuriatingly frustrating.

I'll let you guys know more after my trip to the factory in Seoul. Not sure if customer service is getting confused over no updates for Bluray live or just general updates. Hopefully I will have more information by the end of next week.

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster /forum/post/15074727

I'll let you guys know more after my trip to the factory in Seoul. Not sure if customer service is getting confused over no updates for Bluray live or just general updates. Hopefully I will have more information by the end of next week.

I agree with most posters...BD Live was one thing (and would've been a "nice to have"), but LG ceasing to provide further playability/stability updates is simply inexcusable. I guess we weren't expected to play future discs that come out and have them actually work?

If you can, please mention to the powers-that-be that eliminating support for this player is a sure-fire way to completely lose repeat business from those who've been burnt. I know if LG decides to completely yank support for the BH200 that I'll be looking elsewhere for future purchases.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Samsungmaster may be correct in that some CSRs may be confusing fw updates for issues, with BD-Live. Or, LG just may be reeling right now with the 400 million dollar fine. Also, I don't think they are doing very well with the BD300 compared to Sony, Panny and Sammy.

Who knows, LG may just bow out of the BR player market and possibly just OEM BR parts??? We may see the BD300 discontinued in a couple of months to make the list of orphaned BR products total three instead of two.

So for me, even if I get the $75 rebate check and LG does in fact release a fw update for the 200, I will look to other mfgrs for future electronic purchases. Their track record indicates that although they preach integrity and value for the customer in their corporate banter, they don't seem to actually come through unless they are forced.

I've got 3 200s. I will keep one of them and try to sell one on EBAY or Craig's. I actually bought the third player for my daughter and I've been "burning it in" before I give it to her. So far, it's been fine with some of the newer movies like Iron Man and Hulk. Haven't gotten Hellboy yet but I'll try that and also hope that my daughter and her husband are not James Bond fans.

Mike T

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm having an issue with the Freedom Blu-ray collection. The disc is recognized as a Blu-ray, but then I get a black screen and the disc just spins.

41 - 60 of 1084 Posts