AVS Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 2875 Posts

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Well, the open box that I had seen at a local Best Buy for $280 before Christmas seems to be back again (unless this is another one)...if it had emotions, I'm sure it would be feeling like an orphan now.

·
Registered
326 Posts

Quote:
today at best buy i saw this player for $179 open box. looked pretty dinged up. if this a good price? and whats the policy on the open box stuff at bestbuy, ive never bought any open boxed items from them.

The second BH200 I bought was open box, marked at the same price as yours. I talked them down to $159, and I was able to get the rebate on it. A BH200 for $84? Can't beat it.

·
Registered
797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360_4_EVER! /forum/post/15585063

The second BH200 I bought was open box, marked at the same price as yours. I talked them down to $159, and I was able to get the rebate on it. A BH200 for $84? Can't beat it.

Yes, you can sometimes get Best Buy to drop the price of open box and display items. It probably varies from store to store and with the particular sales person that you get.

The display model BH200 that I bought about a month ago had a shelf tag of $219.99 but they sold it to me for $149.99. So it doesn't hurt to ask if they can accept less.

·
Registered
425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertF /forum/post/15586053

Yes, you can sometimes get Best Buy to drop the price of open box and display items. It probably varies from store to store and with the particular sales person that you get.

The display model BH200 that I bought about a month ago had a shelf tag of $219.99 but they sold it to me for $149.99. So it doesn't hurt to ask if they can accept less.
well I can confirm some store mangers will NOT budge. I went in before christmas and they said $200 no box no power cord no remote... I said hmm alot of managers have been reducing can you do so. he checked manager and they said no. I said even with no power cord, box, or remote! yep

after christmas still there said hmmm any change.. they said oh its $219.99 but we will reduce it to $200...

·
Registered
1,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelesspa /forum/post/15592856

well I can confirm some store mangers will NOT budge. I went in before christmas and they said $200 no box no power cord no remote... I said hmm alot of managers have been reducing can you do so. he checked manager and they said no. I said even with no power cord, box, or remote! yep

after christmas still there said hmmm any change.. they said oh its $219.99 but we will reduce it to $200...

I found one for $299 with no box or remote and asked for a deal, they gave me a whopping $30 off. So, I bought it, took it home and brought it back the next day, told them it cannot be setup without the remote and a replacement is $70. I said I'd keep it but they had to do better if I was going to buy a $70 remote and a power cord. He went to the manager, came back and gave it to me for $149.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras1011 /forum/post/15595621

Has anyone tried the new firmware on a European BH200?

Works fine but Janurary still has best Euro HDDVD compatability. Latest firmware is best for Bluray, Jan is best for Euro HDDVD.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradavon /forum/post/15598564

Yep, it works fine. All the firmware upgrades do.

i am running the april firmware, and just got bond boxset on blu ray for £30=.

tried them all last night,worked perfect???

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willis1975 /forum/post/15601492

i am running the april firmware, and just got bond boxset on blu ray for £30=.

tried them all last night,worked perfect???

Which Bond boxset. It is only the Bond movie "For Your Eyes Only" that was causing the problems. Did your machine with April firmware play that disk ok?

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
The studio likely fixed the problem and repressed the disc. Since you mentioned just receiving it, that is a likely possibility why the older firmware functions with the disc pressing you have.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 /forum/post/15610773

The studio likely fixed the problem and repressed the disc. Since you mentioned just receiving it, that is a likely possibility why the older firmware functions with the disc pressing you have.

I thought that only the US release of this disc was affected...?

I guess willis1975 has the UK version, since he gave the proce in British Pounds.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have received a response from the engineers concerning BD-R.

Due to license agreements BD-R will not be brought back for the BH200. This was made available for firmware version BH02080402F and disabled on version BH02080620A. AVCHD will not be made available either due to same reason.

·
Banned
11,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grate /forum/post/15610956

I thought that only the US release of this disc was affected...?

I guess willis1975 has the UK version, since he gave the proce in British Pounds.

That is likely true...I concur.

·
Registered
797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster /forum/post/15611044

Due to license agreements BD-R will not be brought back for the BH200. This was made available for firmware version BH02080402F and disabled on version BH02080620A. AVCHD will not be made available either due to same reason.

Thank you for the information. That explains why BD-R capability disappeared and why it won't return in a future release.

Any news on the 4:3 stretch issue?

·
Registered
418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster /forum/post/15611044

Thanks for the heads up SSM. That is a real shame.

Any good news on the big one to brighten my day?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Samsungmaster, how about the BH100, i have both. there was also someone who posted on the blu ray .com site that they were able to use the BH200 fromwear on the BH100 and it enabled the HDi and ethernet etc, is this true or possible? And if so how?

back to the BH100 is there a new firm wear comming and do you think they will activate the ethernet for it?

Athanasios

1901 - 1920 of 2875 Posts