AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Last night played:

"Rolling Stones" BD extra movie (one pixel breakup, not repeatable) & "Paint it Black" w/no problems (thought this song was worth every penny I'd paid for the disc!).

"NCfOM" played flawlessly (better movie than I thought it would be!).

So, yeah...

maybe I'll "update".

Although I still want "my" unit back!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked this unit up two weeks ago. It was a March 2008 build and after I did a firmware update I got no video, and the USB port was not functional.

Brought it back to the store for an exchange, picked up a new in box one which was a Feb 2008 build and guess what! I got this problem right out of the box!

I got this unit so I could use my A20 as a backup, but so far I'm 0/2. It goes back for a full refund tomorrow.

EDIT*** 0/3 NOW! Since I bought the last one at my BBY last night, I drove to another BBY to pick up another one! This was a March 2008 build and it had the same problem as my last one. All I get is "PLEASE WAIT" I'm so frustrated right now. I would love it if this player worked but I'm really ticked off right now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are you waiting for the "please wait" to end? Mine does this for ~15 seconds and goes to "HOME" ie: normal setting.

LG has said to me that this is how MY particular unit behaves Ie: not abnormal and should not be a cause for concern.

Do you think they are lying to me?

The ~15 seconds does not appear to vary by much..time will tell.

Purchased just 5 days ago.
Should I get a refund?

Mine was the last unit for sale as new.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian227 /forum/post/14583904

Are you waiting for the "please wait" to end? Mine does this for ~15 seconds and goes to "HOME" ie: normal setting.

LG has said to me that this is how MY particular unit behaves Ie: not abnormal and should not be a cause for concern.

Do you think they are lying to me?

The ~15 seconds does not appear to vary by much..time will tell.

Purchased just 5 days ago.
Should I get a refund?

Mine was the last unit for sale as new.

From the time I turn my BH200 on it takes 30 seconds to get to "Home" common with every BH200 I've seen.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis Bahr /forum/post/14584643

From the time I turn my BH200 on it takes 30 seconds to get to "Home" common with every BH200 I've seen.

People complaining about "Please Wait" never see the HOME menu.

Brian, is this your first HDM standalone? 15 seconds is actually pretty good. I believe the Panny DMP-10AK also says "Please Wait" before starting up. However, it takes a good bit longer than 15 seconds to power up.

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
That Panasonic is also a much older player...but I agree that 15 secs is nothing to be suspicious of. "Please wait" followed by nothing happening whatsoever is what you have to be alarmed about.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The BH-200 is the first Blu-Ray capable machine I've owned..but, I've owned two prior HD-DVD players; the original Toshiba HA-1 and the third generation A-30. These had lengthy warm ups. It is only the thread on "what is Please wait" that caused some concern.

Thanks for the feedback...I'll relax without further concern.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When you have "Please Wait" with no video for 30 minutes, I'm pretty sure it's a defective unit.

Exchanged mine again today, tested in the store to made sure it worked. Hopefully fourth times a charm!

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED /forum/post/14431977

How prevalent is this problem?

Will it be something that would fixed out of warranty?

Any idea why one day it works & the next day it doesn't?

Thanks.

LG customer service have "been very, very, good to me"!

Prompt & helpful.

I have a BH-200 with the dreaded "please wait" too.

The unit "hangs" in this state.

Unfortunately I have not saved the box and receipt (long story).

Would LG still service it, considering that it is a new model and

a relatively common problem? Samsungmaster?

Thanks!

-jjsc

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsc /forum/post/14599983

I have a BH-200 with the dreaded "please wait" too.

The unit "hangs" in this state.

Unfortunately I have not saved the box and receipt (long story).

Would LG still service it, considering that it is a new model and

a relatively common problem? Samsungmaster?

Thanks!

-jjsc

You don't need the original box. Anything w/at least five inches of protection is acceptable. You'll need to call LG 1st for return # anyway.

You'll find out then if its a go or no go.

Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED /forum/post/14636119

You don't need the original box. Anything w/at least five inches of protection is acceptable. You'll need to call LG 1st for return # anyway.

You'll find out then if its a go or no go.

Good luck!

Thanks Big Ed!

I received it back from LG on Friday.

Mailed it on 9/11 and got it back on 9/26.

Played with it over the weekend. Everything seems fine now.

Invoice says the same thing - replaced main board.

-jjsc

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there,

I´m situated in germany and received the LG BH200 today. I plugged the powercord into my brandnew 220V->110Volt 50 Watt converter and made several adjustments in the setup - this took about 2-3 minutes. Afterwards I became brave and put in a blu-ray-disc. The disc drove in and the player powered off. Since then the player poweres off after about 3 seconds showing the lights and the scrolling "please wait" - the LED of the step-down-converter flickers depending on the work of the player. It seems it wants to start the disc but again power off. The player was bought at the end of august this year at "best-buy" and later purchased by auction at ebay.com

Do you have any idea of my (player-)problem. Please help!

Best regards

PS: please excuse my awful english

·
Registered
17 Posts
.... it should be!!???? Tomorrow I´ll try to reach another for testing. Please keep your fingers crossed for me (and the player).

Good night to europe, have a nice day to America.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_fan3 /forum/post/14403809

The repair invoice said they replaced the main board - which is what customer service told me they were doing.

Does anyone know the part number for the main board? I'd like to replace it myself to save some $$. I called Partstore.com and they didn't have a listing for "main board".

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
bump... can anybody look on their repair invoice or in their player for the main board part number?

thanks so much in advance.

·
Registered
392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collin /forum/post/15676300

bump... can anybody look on their repair invoice or in their player for the main board part number?

thanks so much in advance.

+1. Also, does the main board simply plug/slot into a receptacle, or does installation involve soldering?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I believe the part is like $400 dollars. Send it in to LG under warranty or buy another one on ebay.

·
Registered
392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Spackman /forum/post/15702567

I believe the part is like $400 dollars. Send it in to LG under warranty or buy another one on ebay.

Do you know for a fact that the mainboard is ~$400? Do you know the part number, and/or where it can be acquired?

21 - 40 of 69 Posts