AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an interesting problem, probably because I'm mixing newer and older technology.

I just got a LG BX580 and have HDMI out running to my HDTV. The HDTV then has an optical out (audio) running to my older Onkyo SR502 receiver. Problem is for some reason the LG doesn't want to pass audio through the tv to the receiver (my old Sony DVD player did this just fine).

The Onkyo doesn't have HDMI so there's no easy fix to just running that connection direct to the receiver.

Any ideas on how I can make this work?

·
Registered
432 Posts
How were you sending the audio from your old Sony to the tv? Also HDMI to the TV?

What's probably happening is that the TV you have cannot pass along the audio stream from the Blu-ray. Go through all the audio output options on the LG player and you should be able to change a setting or two there that will get it working.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slw2206 /forum/post/19516569

The Onkyo doesn't have HDMI so there's no easy fix to just running that connection direct to the receiver.

Any ideas on how I can make this work?

Hi slw2206, as petern mention probably an audio output setting. Your Tv may only accept 2CH PCM (Stereo).

Another option in addition to HDMI cable to TV, would be to connect an optical cable from LG player to Onkyo receiver.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have connected an optical from the BD to the Onkyo for now. I guess that'll work, it's just an extra wire to hide.

Here's hoping the wife takes the hints I've dropped and buys a new Denon reciever for Xmas.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi slw2206,

did it realy work, for you?

I have also a bx580 and try yo connect to denon avr1000 with optical cabel.

But it doesn't wok still.

Any idea what iam doing wrong?

thanx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts