AVS Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 2247 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/3057634-2019-c9a-e9-owner-s-thread-no-price-talk-497.html#post59755998

Or you can wait a few days for it to show up on the LG US site and a little longer for the automatic update.
I'll wait. Maybe someone else can be a guinea pig. I'm curious if this update will work with my 4400. So far eARC doesn't work on it with the C9. I've been in talks with Denon and as much as they have tried to say it's the TV's fault I've disproved every thing they have thrown at me. If I don't get multi ch pcm after this update it's more fuel for the fire.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
530 Posts
C9 Firmware 04.80.03 enables LPCM 5.1 and 7.1 in the EDID.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/3075344-official-2019-lg-c9-consolidated-info-faq-troubleshooting-firmware-more-20.html#post59755756

I tested laptop (without CRU) LPCM 5.1/7.1, Xbox One X LPCM 5.1/7.1 and PS4 Pro LPCM 7.1 and all work.
"Ⓕ improved HDMI ARC audio output utterance delay when TV off/on"

Might that have anything to do with the Dolby processing delay? Do you have Dolby Atmos to test on your Xbox One X?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just updated to 4.80.03 and 7.1 LPCM finally works from my PS4 directly into my C9 and out to my AVP over eARC!

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.34.03 PM.png

·
Registered
622 Posts
Did you update through the file on here or OTA
I updated using the Korean FW file with a USB flash drive. Very easy to do. Just copy the LG_DTV folder to a FAT32 flash drive and then stick it in the TV. Only takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I updated using the Korean FW file with a USB flash drive. Very easy to do. Just copy the LG_DTV folder to a FAT32 flash drive and then stick it in the TV. Only takes a few minutes.
Do you have an USA or Europe model ? I’m hesitating because I have euro

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an atmos sound system with eARC and have no delay on Xbox one x using atmos.

Is uncompressed like the difference between True HD and DD+? So shall I now select uncompressed on my Xbox? Will that still give atmos but the raw files? Or will I not get atmos that way?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I have an atmos sound system with eARC and have no delay on Xbox one x using atmos.

Is uncompressed like the difference between True HD and DD+? So shall I now select uncompressed on my Xbox? Will that still give atmos but the raw files? Or will I not get atmos that way?
Probably you use on your Xbox audio set for Dolby MAT+Atmos - that format is kind of a PCM+Atmos, so no Lip-Sync delay is expected.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m so glad this firmware update finally fixed multi-channel PCM. It’s running perfectly now on my PC and on my Nintendo Switch, no lip-sync issues.

For the PC I have a RTX 2080ti plugged into the C9 HDMI 1 socket and my Denon X1600H plugged into the tv’s HDMI 2 eARC socket. In the TV audio settings I have eARC On and set to passthrough.

It used to only give me the option for 2 channel audio or Dolby Atmos for home theatre in Windows 10. Now it’s giving me the options for 2 channel, 5.1, 7.1 and Atmos for home theatre in Windows 10.

As for the Switch, I just set it to surround in the console’s settings and hey presto it’s running in 5.1 where previously that setting would result in no sound at all. Very pleased to finally have it working :)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I’m so glad this firmware update finally fixed multi-channel PCM. It’s running perfectly now on my PC and on my Nintendo Switch, no lip-sync issues.

For the PC I have a RTX 2080ti plugged into the C9 HDMI 1 socket and my Denon X1600H plugged into the tv’s HDMI 2 eARC socket. In the TV audio settings I have eARC On and set to passthrough.

It used to only give me the option for 2 channel audio or Dolby Atmos for home theatre in Windows 10. Now it’s giving me the options for 2 channel, 5.1, 7.1 and Atmos for home theatre in Windows 10.

As for the Switch, I just set it to surround in the console’s settings and hey presto it’s running in 5.1 where previously that setting would result in no sound at all. Very pleased to finally have it working :)
Did you install the Korean fw and your not in Korea?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
So from what I can see, the firmware is not necessarily fixed to a certain TV model like US or UK etc. So it should not be an issue to install this firmware as the TV will change its features based on your internet IP location as opposed to a firmware.
No. There are at least two different types of firmware, one is for C9s with an ATSC tuner and one is for C9s with a DVB tuner.

1761 - 1780 of 2247 Posts