AVS Forum banner

1961 - 1980 of 2307 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
OK guys, am looking for some help again. I know I`m dumb before anyone says :)

I got the SHARC delivered today.

Initially it seemed to work OK then realised it was USB power driven. Plugged it in and no sound. Manually switched the sound to internal then back to passthrough and eARC on. My TV doesn`t even pick up the picture from the AVR any more.

Powered everything off at the wall, started afresh but can`t get the Denon home page to show to restart my set-up of my peripherals.

What am I doing wrong and is the power to SHARC strictly necessary. I presume so or they wouldn`t have supplied the cable.

I can get sound but no picture with the peripherals.

Cheers.
Please detail exactly how you have the SHARC hooked up in your HDMI chain, noting device inputs/outputs. There is simply not enough information above to properly troubleshoot. Per the manual, yes, the USB power is required.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You need a separate HDMI cable going from the AVR's OUT to HDMI 1, 3 or 4 on the C9.

You want this:

AVR HDMI OUT --> C9 HDMI 1, 3 or 4.
AVR HDMI IN

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
OK guys, am looking for some help again. I know I`m dumb before anyone says :)

I got the SHARC delivered today.

Initially it seemed to work OK then realised it was USB power driven. Plugged it in and no sound. Manually switched the sound to internal then back to passthrough and eARC on. My TV doesn`t even pick up the picture from the AVR any more.

Powered everything off at the wall, started afresh but can`t get the Denon home page to show to restart my set-up of my peripherals.

What am I doing wrong and is the power to SHARC strictly necessary. I presume so or they wouldn`t have supplied the cable.

I can get sound but no picture with the peripherals.

Cheers.
The sharc plugs into the hdmi port on the AVR NOT the ARC port.... You need to leave the monitor out cable back to the tv hooked up

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
And there was me thinking that the eARC/ARC connection would send both video and audio. I assumed that was the object.
Limitation of the SHARC as it only has 2 HDMI ports. To use only one port on the TV would require 3 ports on the extractor. Some HDfury devices have that but they are way more expensive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The sharc plugs into the hdmi port on the AVR NOT the ARC port.... You need to leave the monitor out cable back to the tv hooked up

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

OK, that`s one of the things I`m doing wrong.

I currently have the blue connector (that comes with SHARC) HDMI cable in HDMI 2 in the TV and usb powered from the TV

Going out.......

TVs HDMI 2 to AVRs ARC and an HDMI from HDMI out on the AVR to TV HDMI 3 (for the picture I now have).

I still have no sound from the TV audio but at least I can now see the Denons menu :)

Which HDMI port should the sharc go to?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
TVs HDMI 2 to AVRs ARC and an HDMI from HDMI out on the AVR to TV HDMI 3 (for the picture I now have).

I still have no sound from the TV audio but at least I can now see the Denons menu :)

No. TV's HDMI 2 does not go to the AVR's ARC port. I gave you the connections:

AVR HDMI OUT --> C9 HDMI 3.

AVR HDMI IN

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
OK, that`s one of the things I`m doing wrong.

I currently have the blue connector (that comes with SHARC) HDMI cable in HDMI 2 in the TV and usb powered from the TV

Going out.......

Since it handles eARC audio, it MUST connect to the ARC port on the TV which should be HDMI 2. Of course to get audio you must set the input on the AVR to whatever port you connect the SHARC to on the AVR when you want the TV audio.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Since it handles eARC audio, it MUST connect to the ARC port on the TV which should be HDMI 2. Of course to get audio you must set the input on the AVR to whatever port you connect the SHARC to on the AVR when you want the TV audio.
OK......

so I connect to shrc to say cab/sat input?

·
Registered
30 Posts
No. It’s not anymore. Not when using the SHARC.

Plug the SHARCS output into one of the HDMI 1-7 ports.

Gotcha :)

Hey, am as frustrated as you guys must be trying to sort me out :) :)

Reactions: Brian_Barros

·
Registered
30 Posts
haha now we`ve got sound.

Let me check out what quality it is :)

Reactions: lsorensen

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for all the assistance guys.

One more question though but more a Denon one.

I have the Dolby app on the TV and can`t get any sound from it as it defaults to TV audio and the SHARC is in cbl/sat port.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
haha now we`ve got sound.

Let me check out what quality it is :)
Are you using the blue HDMI cable that came with the Sharc device? I couldn't get lossless audio to work properly until I switched it out with another Monoprice HDMI cable.

Just FYI.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Thanks for all the assistance guys.

One more question though but more a Denon one.

I have the Dolby app on the TV and can`t get any sound from it as it defaults to TV audio and the SHARC is in cbl/sat port.
Do you have the Sound out on the LG set to eARC and mode to Passthrough? You will also have to make sure your Denon is on the cbl/sat port that your SHARC is plugged into.

I have no issues with audio working with my SHARC on all TV apps.

Reactions: TheFifeFlyer

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you using the blue HDMI cable that came with the Sharc device? I couldn't get lossless audio to work properly until I switched it out with another Monoprice HDMI cable.

Just FYI.
I am mate but I think I`ve solved it.

I switched output to PCM let it play for a minute and switched back. Seems to be working now.

Reactions: vpn75

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do you have the Sound out on the LG set to eARC and mode to Passthrough? You will also have to make sure your Denon is on the cbl/sat port that your SHARC is plugged into.

I have no issues with audio working with my SHARC on all TV apps.
Thanks buddy. I answered my own question just as you replied :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just FYI, there is literally a manual page on their site highlighting how the device work, for future reference : https://thenaudio.com/manual/

Reactions: TheFifeFlyer

·
Registered
30 Posts
1961 - 1980 of 2307 Posts