AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an LG CH08LS10 From best buy the other day, Picked it up primarly because its an 8x blu ray rom, after using it my ripping is going pretty slow (same with dvd too real real slow)

It will only rip Blu ray movies and dvd-video disc at 4.8x for both, anyone have the same drive find any riplock solution?

I havnt had much luck with google.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you are using Anydvd HD for ripping then it is a good idea to read their forum as they have talks of solution there. Something relating to removal of SPTD drivers and Daemon tools.

I came across LG Aus site showing this drive can read HDDVD but not in USA site. Is that a mistake? I hope LG keep supporting the dead format but I guess there is something wrong with Aus site as there is no mention of HDDVD in the specification.

http://au.lge.com/products/model/det....aybr10b.jhtml

·
Registered
537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterho3 /forum/post/17046937

I came across LG Aus site showing this drive can read HDDVD but not in USA site. Is that a mistake? I hope LG keep supporting the dead format but I guess there is something wrong with Aus site as there is no mention of HDDVD in the specification.

http://au.lge.com/products/model/det....aybr10b.jhtml

I recently bought that drive and there is no mention on the box or in the manual of HD-DVD playback. Fortunately, I don't have any HD-DVDs.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a read speed patch, ill be testing it soon. My brother has a small hd-dvd collection, ill borrow one and see if it can be read in this drive.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
I received a promo email today from Fry's which features this drive for $119.99. I started to do some checking online to confirm if it read HD-DVD, but there is no consistency to the ad copy. Some places list that it does, others do not. The box itself does not, as previously mentioned (price is higher in store too).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill pop in an hd dvd and let u guys know

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
thank you, kindly.

·
Registered
385 Posts
This drive can not read HD DVD.. The LG drive in question is (was?) the GGC-H20L ..

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
I'm not following you. Are you saying that you've attempted to read a HD-DVD in this drive and it did not? Secondly, what is your point about the latter drive, i.e., "the drive in question"? The drive in question is the one listed in the thread subject line, not the one you've listed.

Yes, it's a known fact that the GGC-H20L can read HD-DVD, but they are difficult to find in places other than Ebay, plus, typically more expensive if you manage to find one new. Hence, the interest in the CH08LS10.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Fry's has these on sale for $80 in store.

Is it confirmed that they do not read HD-DVD?

Fry's ad copy says yes, the photo says no.

LG's web photo says yes, but the specifications say no.

I've got more than a few hundred HD-DVDs so this is of interest to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked one up today at Frys and also confirmed the following:

1) Ad and online say HD-DVD read

2) Box does not list HD-DVD read
and most important

3) After installing it I confirmed no HD-DVD read capabilities.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
FINALLY.

Thanks for stepping up and giving us the facts, lgestle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts