1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
291 Posts
Very excited about this one! Do not know if it is under $3000 USD yet but both threads have a topic. This seems to maybe throw some comp to Epson and maybe even JVC and Sony for the home market. I am really hoping under $3000 USD. I am still watching for the Viewsonic X100-4K and now this one to replace my Mitsubishi HC5500 which is still going strong. Again excited to see more come out at IFA Sept 3-5, hopefully a date, price, and some questions about 3D. Very exciting news to see LG pushing this space when JVC and it seems Epson is not this year.

·
Registered
235 Posts
In terms of release date patterns for projectors, when is this likely to go on sale? Do projectors like this normally go on sale late in the year, like November? Or will it likely be early 2021?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,626 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
AFAIK yes - and I'm afraid that LG will charge extra for this "special feature".

·
Registered
291 Posts
Should be slotted above Hu70, how high, not sure.... But I am so happy to see LG, Viewsonic, Xiaomi, and now Benq start refreshing this segment. From where LG was in this space even 5 years ago is fantastic. LG has brought there great TV platform (OS, ARC, Color space), excellent dynamic tone mapping to a price sector that just did not get that. Viewsonic, Benq, Xiaomi (x100-4k, Benq X1330i, Xiaomi ALDP3.0 laser) are all pushing this sector forward and I am very excited. LG actually reminds me a lot of Mitsubishi TV/Projector (RIP) strategy. Anyways I am super excited to see what happens and hopefully Epson, Sony, JVC are watching this as the result/value proposition is looking very good for the consumer and I think a large portion of their past markets may start to shift towards these new innovative companies. Epson, JVC, and Sony have sat on last gen R&D and patents for too long.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Very interested in this for my upcoming series x and sonos arc. The eARC on a projector is something I did not expect and the hdmi 2.1 cna this replace my 5040ub is the question. I believe this will slot below 3k but we will see

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I'd love to share your belief but LG's pricing for their laser UST projector LG HU85L at 6,000 $ RRP (which - put simply - is somewhat the UST version of the upcoming HU810P front projector) puts me in anything but an optimistic mood.

The way I see it the direct competitor of the LG HU810P will be the Optoma UHZ65LV - and that, too, carries an RRP of 6.000 $ but has neither real lens shift or an HDMI 2.1 Input.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Difference between the 2 is, the UHZ was announced in Oct 2017 and the LG was announced Sept 2020. The technology and OEM pricing of that tech has changed significantly since then. I am not sure where it will price out but I am hoping if it is over $3k USD then hopefully not more then 4k USD but it will be interesting to see how hard LG chooses to go after the potential market with this model.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
What worries me here is that Optoma still charges so much for the UHZ65LV as the successor of the UHZ65, which apparently doesn't offer that much more except having a white casing and 3D (DLP-Link) support.
IMHO LG's UST projector was overpriced, but regarding their front projector I'm afraid Optoma gives them the wrong ideas...

·
Registered
760 Posts
Based off pictures of the HU810P's lens and the recent LG BU50NST. I'm expecting the .47 DLP chip. And because of that a price between $2500-$3000.

·
Registered
307 Posts
At 5 or 6k you are looking at UST. I would find it a hard sell for it to be over 4k but I know nothing haha. Heres to hoping though. Sub 3k would seriously peak my interest in upgrading from the 5040.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Based off pictures of the HU810P's lens and the recent LG BU50NST. I'm expecting the .47 DLP chip. And because of that a price between $2500-$3000.
I’m with you. I just don’t think that this is going to be their high tier projector, but could be wrong. I think if it goes over $3500, they will miss their mark. If kept under $3000, they will pick up converts, if only for the HDMI 2.1 and eARC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I just discovered the HU810P's cousin, the 5,000 Lumen laser projector GRU510N for 4,000 $: LG GRU510N : ProBeam 4K UHD Laser Projector | LG USA

Considering that the HU810P only features 2,700 Lumen, I'd now expect an RRP below 4,000 $.

However, I just noticed that both this GRU510N and the UST projector HU85LA feature "Trumotion" creative frame interpolation as a feature, while the HU810P does not!

Should the HU810P not feature an FI it is of no interest to me.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts