AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
However, I just noticed that both this GRU510N and the UST projector HU85LA feature "Trumotion" creative frame interpolation as a feature, while the HU810P does not!

Should the HU810P not feature an FI it is of no interest to me.
Yes it has "Trumotion". Its mentioned in the press release in the opening post.

·
Registered
152 Posts
so when do we expect this to be available for purchase? Need a replacement projector and would like to wait, but not too long....

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Last I heard 4th quarter of 2020, i.e, within the next 3 months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Given this projector has HDMI 2.1, any idea how to find out if it actually supports 120hz at 4K? Also would love to know about other features like VRR and low latency, stuff from the HDMI 2.1 specs. Really want a fully feature projector to go with the new consoles coming out.

G

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I ended up grabbing an Optoma UHD60 for a great deal, so I'm out on this. I think I'll just save up for the next couple years, by then LED and Laser will be common place and hopefully in the JVC LCOS machines under 10 grand.
hopefully in the next couple of years well see dual dmd zonal with rgb laser sequential color. Even 30k lumen 1.38" 3chip dlp with rgb laser is below 100k now, compared to 400k just a couple years ago.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm with you. Was debating on used JVC/5050UB but this piqued my interest so much that I'm waiting on pins and needles on what to expect for pricing.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
There's another thread devoted to this projector:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Yes, but it's the RRP which determines where the LG HU810P is going to land. Last I heard in the other thread, the RRP was supposed to be revealed mid-November 2020, so next week we should know more.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Man, this might be the one. LG and Samsung bringing the funk.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Tidbits from article.

• uses the DLP470TE, .47" DLP Chip
  • uses dual blue + red lasers. 97% DCI-P3 coverage.
  • Fixed dual iris modes. Day Mode, aperture is fully open for maximum brightest. Night Mode, the aperture is clamp down to increase native contrast and decrease brightness.
  • Dynamic laser dimming
  • Dynamic Tone Mapping
  • HGIG mode for HDR gaming. Game lag around 50ms.
  • HDMI 2.1 port is only 24gbps and supports eARC. No VRR and 4K/120hz support. Until TI releases a chip to support these features. No DLP projector will have these features.
  • 4k Frame Interpolation
  • WebOS 5.0

Hopefully this is priced between $2500-$3000.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Tidbits from article.

• uses the DLP470TE, .47" DLP Chip
  • uses dual blue + red lasers. 97% DCI-P3 coverage.
  • Fixed dual iris modes. Day Mode, aperture is fully open for maximum brightest. Night Mode, the aperture is clamp down to increase native contrast and decrease brightness.
  • Dynamic laser dimming
  • Dynamic Tone Mapping
  • HGIG mode for HDR gaming. Game lag around 50ms.
  • HDMI 2.1 port is only 24gbps and supports eARC. No VRR and 4K/120hz support. Until TI releases a chip to support these features. No DLP projector will have these features.
  • 4k Frame Interpolation
  • WebOS 5.0

Hopefully this is priced between $2500-$3000.
Disappointed ....uses the DLP470TE, .47" DLP Chip

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Disappointed ....uses the DLP470TE, .47" DLP Chip
and yet there isn't even support for 3D Blu-ray Content, which was one of the benefits of the 0.47" DMD. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m a bit confused about eARC. Let’s say I have a high-end gaming PC, a PS5 and an Anthem MRX 1100 AVR (HDMI 2.0a). What am I supposed to connect in the HDMI eARC port? The AVR or the PC? If it’s the AVR that means the PC and PS5 will be on HDMI 2.0 ports, won’t they? What am I missing?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Sounds interesting I imagine it will be priced similar to JVC’s DLP laser PJ but that figure of 2,000,000:1 contrast sounds like BS.

Will wait until someone reviews it and give an honest opinion of its abilities and hopefully tests it’s claims in contrast and colour range.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts