AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone out there has some more experience in this than I do, because I need some help.

I have about 800 televisions to service. They are LG 32lx4dcw LCD televisions. Every one of them has an LG LST-4100A commercial interface control box installed on the rear of the set.

The control box is loops the power cord and coax cable through it and provides an RS232 output to the television.

I DO understand the purpose of the control box and its various uses but, we would like to setup a couple of sets without the commerical interface installed.

If I completely disconnect the interface and hook up the power and coax directly to the television, the remote and (set top) control buttons are "dead".

I assume, this is because the set is waiting for a command from the RS232 control vs. the set buttons or remote. Basics... this tv is setup to operate only from the RS232 control and not the ir or on board button.

Does anyone out there know how to disable the RS232 control on these televisions? I DO have an installer remote but have not had any luck with operating these sets without the LST-4100A Commercial Interface Control Box.

Thanks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.