AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am out to purchase a 26" to 32" TV for my bedroom. It will have to be a good TV for Xbox HD because I don't have any other HD content. I have been looking at the LG 26" but after I found out that Syntax uses the same screens as LG, it made me take another look at the brand. Does anyone have eather of thease TV's and could give their opinions about them. I would like to buy the Syntax 32" but I am not sure if it will fit on the place I am putting it on, a 34" wide chest of drawers. I can still buy the 26" though if the 32" won't fit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't recommend the 26" just becuase of the 15:9 aspect Ratio. Now i have seen the TV at two different stores and at one store it looked fine being 15:9 the other store it looked really really funky in that wierd aspect ratio.

For LG LCDs what i have seen in the stores is, i either like some of them or i don't. I think i have read people saying for the more premium price you pay for an LG you should just grab another brand such as syntax. I plan on getting the lt32hve and take it for a test run today

Just becuase Syntax uses the same screen doesn't mean the picture is the samething becuase i am pretty sure they use different internal components.

·
Registered
128 Posts
O just to add a sidenote...if you can wait (not sure how long) the new Syntax 26" will be in 16:9 aspect ratio so that might be the right TV for you. And since the old 26" from syntax could be had for 600 i am sure the new one will fall around the same price. The 600 tag is when on special so it probably will be a little more then that at release.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just measured my 32" lt32hve, and the stand legs will need a flat surface about 26x10 inches to sit on on. So it should sit up on your planned stand. It is about a total of about 40 inches wide, and will protrude on either side. On a side note, I'm using it as a computer screen now and it still looks nice at 1280x1024 (I imagine it accepts the signal and scales it down though)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeManFoo
I am out to purchase a 26" to 32" TV for my bedroom. It will have to be a good TV for Xbox HD because I don't have any other HD content. I have been looking at the LG 26" but after I found out that Syntax uses the same screens as LG, it made me take another look at the brand. Does anyone have eather of thease TV's and could give their opinions about them. I would like to buy the Syntax 32" but I am not sure if it will fit on the place I am putting it on, a 34" wide chest of drawers. I can still buy the 26" though if the 32" won't fit.
LT26HVX has been reported to have come in though I have not been able to confirm. Stock on website is still listed in 2 weeks so we shall see.

LG is an ALL FRILLS model with cablecard, REAL video processing and rendering engine. The picture quality even with the same panel is going to be superior on the LG. Why? Because its the same panel but has better video processing, audio processing and other components which cost alot of money to add.

If you have the money to spend, the LG is a much better set right now. If you need a low cost TV that has the same panel but arent as demanding then the Syntax would be for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.