AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well.

I am facing two calibration problems between my ps4 pro and my lg cx.

First, when I play in HDR and SDR, it seems that my tv displays only a 8 bits signal in both modes. When I use the freesync informations options, it says in HDR that the tv is displaying YUV420 8bits TM for any game, and RGB 8 bits TM in SDR.

I don't think it's normal that my tv displays an 8 bits signal since it is a 10 bits tv, calibrated to display 10 bits contents when available, like here for the ps4 pro.

I have activated the ultra hd deep colour option, and plays with the hdmi cable included in the ps4 pro box.

I also used the pc mode but it didn't change anything.

All my video output options for ps4 pro are set on auto.

Is this a freesync info option bug like I read somewhere, and is there any other options to check the display infos for this tv, or is this another kind of problem ? Any idea how I could fix this ? I hope that I'll be able to use the 10 bits mode if i'm not playing it at the moment, since it is what this tv was made for.

My second problem is the kind of YUV signals sent by the ps4 to the tv. It is a yuv420 signal, but I read many times that the ps4 pro should at least display a yuv422 signal on HDR. I've seen prooves of it on some screenshots.

Is there something wrong again about the freesync infos, or are there any settings I need to change ? I hope it doesn't come from a hardware problem and that it is fixable. It is doing the same for all the hdr games I have.

I read that there was a significant difference between 420 and 422 so I hope to manage to change this asap.

Thank you very much for your help and I wish you a good health during these troubled times.

Sincerely,

Max

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Please do NOT cross-post the same question in multiple threads. It is poor forum etiquette and is frowned upon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I just ignored the rules because I haven't read them / thought enough about it.

I won't reproduce it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts