AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just came across an article regarding new stuff at IFA by the various CE companies & read some interesting statements from the Vice President & Head of PDP TV at LG:

LG has also indicated that it a major part of its IFA 2011 thinking is around how it can push its plasma televisions in 'new and exciting directions'.

"Through our on-going commitment to plasma, we've come up with technology that's raised plasma picture quality to new heights, and helped rejuvenate the overall plasma TV market," said Heui-seob Kim, vice president and head of the PDP TV business at LG Electronics.

"At IFA 2011, we'll be taking the chance to show European consumers the true potential of plasma[, and how we're setting the pace with innovations that deliver real improvements in how viewers can watch and interact with their TVs."

http://www.techradar.com/news/televi...-s-show-973524

Now, I know, I know, we hear this sort of marketing hype & each & every year & usually it's BS or some concept that never makes it to market but to be somewhat balanced, usually the marketing hype is done by over zealous regional marketing types not the VP of the company & Head of an entire TV Divison so this time, I am paying attention albeit, very optimistically but cautiously if that is not an oxymoronic thing to say! I have taken note of the parts of the statement underlined & in bold which I find quite emphatic & quite a revealing choice of words.

Thoughts people? Anyone know anymore about what recent developments with LG Plasma Technology?

Bazzy!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
well lets hope they can get there grips on improving there mll #s. the current state that there in now is just horrific.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.