AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LG have now released their offerings for Video Walls for installation into peoples' homes, titled:

The LG Direct View LED Extreme Home Cinema Display

The LG indoor fine-pitch direct view LED (DVLED) home cinema display allows viewers to immerse themselves in the captivating brilliance, vibrant color, wide contrast ratio, and breathtaking screen sizes in your own home theater.

Available in various sizes and performance levels, LG’s home cinema displays take the guess work out of configuring which DVLED screen is right for you. From 2K to 8K configurations with screen sizes from 108” to a show stopping 325”, these solutions come with virtually everything you need, except the popcorn.

Light Font Technology Space Screenshot

Font Parallel Number Pattern Screenshot

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If they have licked the surface reflectivity highlighting of the module edges aspect it is a worthy competitor to the wall, I still think the C-Led has the videophiles edge. A certain "Je ne sais quoi" that just places you there.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It should be less in 1.2 and 1.5mm.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Looks like LG is on with Samsung for Infocomm, SONY has pulled out for this show and NAB.

Purple Rectangle Violet Font Parallel

Reactions: ARROW-AV

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I really feel frustrated every time that AT question is asked for videowalls, that will not happen for 15 years.

There are so many ways around that solid center channel "objection" in my universe having had perfected those same issues in the arena of curved solid screens and rear projection ( acoustics and speakers only see the screen as a hard surface they do not know it is a videowall) now for over 30 years that I find it very frustrating when I hear the call for that wholly unreasonable feature request be added, apologies if you disagree but I find so many opportunities ahead to not do perf led screens but on improving on the best methods that exist. Bringing the point up strikes me of sabotage to needed progress. Sorry to vent.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
I really feel frustrated every time that AT question is asked for videowalls, that will not happen for 15 years.

There are so many ways around that solid center channel "objection" in my universe having had perfected those same issues in the arena of curved solid screens and rear projection ( acoustics and speakers only see the screen as a hard surface they do not know it is a videowall) now for over 30 years that I find it very frustrating when I hear the call for that wholly unreasonable feature request be added, apologies if you disagree but I find so many opportunities ahead to not do perf led screens but on improving on the best methods that exist. Bringing the point up strikes me of sabotage to needed progress. Sorry to vent.
I only have a center channel behind my current AT screen (L/R mains are outside the screen). I only have 8' ceilings, and there is not enough room to add a high/low phantom center unless I use tiny speakers. Is there another work-around that I'm not aware of?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I only have a center channel behind my current AT screen (L/R mains are outside the screen). I only have 8' ceilings, and there is not enough room to add a high/low phantom center unless I use tiny speakers. Is there another work-around that I'm not aware of?
Looking at your room there could be excellent speakers that would fit over under not quite tiny like for example the crms sr hv 90x40 from Alcons that would sound top shelf. No doubt,

In larger systems there are other possibilities combining even more speakers around the screen from different speaker topographies to exploit the solid phantom imaging advantages of the Left and Right mains for most of the seats (a row of 3) but using the remaining over unders such as suggested above to anchor the image for the outside seats just barely enough using some very serious dsp like the DAD ax-32.

Attachments

Reactions: darrellh44

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Any specs on the color gamut coverage? Read the specs, but didn't find any mention... Also an aspect ratio between the two choices available would be nice :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I would say ninety something percent of REC2020, is becoming standard on LED's, safe bet to assume as they all buy the LED's from the same vendors.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
It is great that LG is very up front about the LED packaging method of their various offering. A true micro led packaged as COB is still the best performing, that is the Sony CLED. The Samsung and LG are minileds but packaged as COB and are a tier below. The SMDs used by in the commercial signage products are bottom tier performers but are currently much cheaper to implement.

IMDs which are conceptually a marriage of COB and SMD are the newer pragmatic compromise. Samsung has indicated that they are looking to move to some form of IMD to lower overall cost on their 110" and smaller Wall implementations.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Agreed but Samsung messed up in the design of their Wall Lux micro-led for not giving enough black area allowance for the pixel to bloom, this results in the pixel bloom spilling over to all the contiguous pixels on general and specular highlights resulting in hi nit globs, they may have to go up on the pixel pitch to achieve what the SONY so masterfully achieves a seamless non pixelated image reminiscent to CRT but way more engaging to look at. They have indicated a move to 1.2 pixel pitches in micro-led in which case they lost some market for blindly pursuing specsmanship without assessing what the image actually looked like on real content, they also tasked the send box processor with excessive bandwidth requirements when designing the 8k rec 2020 architecture of the system , running out of juice and then having to dither to LOW ire levels, a bit of a cluster mess up for what could have been a great product, let's see what they do to fix this.

·
Premium Member
24,145 Posts
I would love to know where I can buy this at? I’m very interested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts