AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone…so I'm currently looking at getting one of the LG OLEDs for my office and I'm curious as to the main differences between the EA9800 and EC9300. As far as I'm aware, I haven't seen any reviews comparing the two models directly with each other. I'm concerned with the EC9300 because I have read plenty of posts about the DNR and I have experienced this myself. I have the Samsung OLED (KN55S9C) at home and I have definitely noticed that the Samsung has a definite advantage over the EC9300 in the sharpness category. Any demo material I run on the Samsung is considerably more defined than on the EC9300, whereas the EC9300 has a dull look to my eyes. The EA9800 got rave reviews for the most part and the main complaint with the TV is the dead or stuck pixel problem and the ABL. Has anyone compared the two models and does anyone have an opinion as to which of the two I should get? Does the EA9800 also suffer from DNR and produce dull images? I'm leaning towards the EA9800, but it's virtually sold out everywhere.

Having said that, are there any updates as to what the 55EF9500 price will be? I remember reading earlier posts speculating that the EG9600 series would run around $4,000 but the 55" is considerably more expensive at $5,500. If the EF9500 will be around the same price, then I will definitely lean towards getting one of the 1080p sets. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That "dull" look on the 9300 may be due to the previously non-defeatable artifact reduction.
So does that mean that the DNR can now be turned off? I thought that the 9300 did not have any options to defeat the DNR? That's a big concern because my Samsung OLED definitely has a more detailed and crisp picture compared to the 9300 and detailed sharp PQ is something I definitely value.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone else have any input on how these two models compare? :confused:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone for the input. I finally decided to pick up the EC9300 earlier today, so I'm looking forward to setting it up and seeing how it performs!

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
I'm sure once you get it home and dialed in, "dull" is going to be the last word that will come to mind. Disregard the DNR talk, the 9300 puts out an extremely detailed picture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts