AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i am hoping someone can help me on here. i purchased this drive about 2 months ago. it worked perfectly fine, it played all formats, hddvd, blu ray and DVD. It came bundled with power dvd ultra 7. when i first attempted to play a hddvd it prompted me to install a patch which i did and everything worked fine. fast forward to today when I decided to reformat my hard drive and reinstall my operating system. when it came time to install the drive i was once again prompted to install the patch which i did except now i cannot play hddvd. cyberlink must have changed the patch because the one i downloaded 2 months ago worked fine unfortunately i did not back up this patch. is there anyone out there who has a copy of this patch that has hddvd support on it? thank 2 anyone who responds

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you're running XP ,you should try to restore the point just before you ran the patch. That should bring back your HD DVD playback ability. I have the updated LG drive (GGW H20L) and can't playback either one,but it's because my processor is too old(AMD Athlon XP 2100) so I'm waiting on my slow ass brother to return a favor and get me a new motherboard and processor. But my funeral may come first!!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffrob /forum/post/17049500

If you're running XP ,you should try to restore the point just before you ran the patch. That should bring back your HD DVD playback ability. I have the updated LG drive (GGW H20L) and can't playback either one,but it's because my processor is too old(AMD Athlon XP 2100) so I'm waiting on my slow ass brother to return a favor and get me a new motherboard and processor. But my funeral may come first!!!

Thanks 4 the suggestion unfortunately I cannot do this since I did a complete reformat of my HD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I gave up on PowerDVD 7 after upgrading to the Intel DG45FC - powerdvd fails to recognise the new video card x4500hd. I'm using ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 Platinum.... runs HDDVDS perfectly with the patch.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the same drive with Win7 64 bit, Using Latest TMT3. Mine stopped playing BD and HD-DVD about a month ago and gives me the "insert valid disk" error. [My Specs are in my profile page]

But I figured out that, If I reboot the computer w/ the disk in the drive, then try to play the disk after it restarts, it works. So, I insert a new disk, reboot, then I can watch a BD or HD-DVD movie. It's a small pain, but it works.

I installed the trial version of AnyDVD, but that didn't help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had previously downloaded a 1080p Blu-Ray rip, but then decided I should do the right thing and rent it. After paying $6 to rent it (yikes), the damn thing wouldn't play on my LG GGC-H20L w/PDVD 7.3. I ended up having to watch the Blu-ray rip anyways.

If it works on PDVD 9, I guess we need to wait for an update from Cyberlink?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, I have a few HD-DVD's that I bought cheap. I downloaded trial version of AnyDVD to rip the HD-DVD's, but as far as I know, it only does the ISO's. It does work for that though. I haven't figured out how to rip the disks where I can play them yet, since it is only a mater of time before the LG GGC-H20L Combo drive dies and/or doesn't play the HD-DVD's any more.

I've read you can somehow mount the iso's and play them, and there may be other ways to get the movie data from the hd-dvd's, but I haven't had much time to mess with this. I'm very computer literate, but when it comes to all this AVS stuff, I'm pretty much a noob. I only have about 10 HD-DVD's so it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend a bunch of money on software that gets the movies off the hd dvd disks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts