AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am staring at my LG LCD monitor (on my PC) and all I can say is that it is excellent in every way. Don't disregard LG as a strong contender, particularly with the 2009 Panasonic screw-ups. I mean, really, are we to believe that NOBODY at Panasonic noticed that the THX mode was producing green images????

DelJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs-LG /forum/post/18132283

I have not got good experience in using Lg electronics. For plasmas i would prefer pany.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangprice /forum/post/18133365

I own an entry level LG Plasma, 2009 model, and I love it. I'm sure for high-end, you can't beat Pannys, but I would not discount LG as a player.

What model do you have, and what size screen.

What are the pros that you like about it,

And what are the cons that you would like to see improved or changed?

·
Registered
75 Posts
It seems that LG increased MSRP for 2010 720p models compared to 2009. Thats funny.

edit: looking at street pricing it seems all is well (price lower than 2009 models), just another case of manufacturer deciding to disconnect MSRP from reality to make a statement

·
Vendor
35,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangprice /forum/post/18133365

I own an entry level LG Plasma, 2009 model, and I love it. I'm sure for high-end, you can't beat Pannys, but I would not discount LG as a player.

LG makes a excellent unit, they are on the move. The 2009 LG has the most advanced menu system of any tv ever made for a calibrator, per Chad Billheimer.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have had a great experience with my 2008 entry level 42PG20. Will the PK 750/950 models be availible in 50" size?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/18144099

LG makes a excellent unit, they are on the move. The 2009 LG has the most advanced menu system of any tv ever made for a calibrator, per Chad Billheimer.

I like what LG is doing with the menus, but the 2009 models reportedly have bad IR and the worst black level of current plasmas, among other issues. I'm not going to buy an inferior television just because it has a great user menu. Hopefully they've made some significant improvements this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyoctave /forum/post/18144266

I have had a great experience with my 2008 entry level 42PG20. Will the PK 750/950 models be availible in 50" size?

Yes. They said March for the 750 and April for the 950.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
There are now four LG 2010 Plasma models up for pre-order at Abt Electronics.

The latest one added was this sixty inch model

LG 60" Black Plasma Flat Panel HDTV - 60PK550

Very nice looking specs on the unit. I would not bite on the pre-order price, because historically as the sets become available in more stores, the prices come down.

I hope someone is going to have a professional calibrator put one through it's paces, and post the MLL readings and real contrast numbers.

Cleveland Plasma; do you have any plans to have your calibrator come in a measure the 2010 LG performance levels?

·
Vendor
35,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenland /forum/post/18146527

There are now four LG 2010 Plasma models up. Cleveland Plasma; do you have any plans to have your calibrator come in a measure the 2010 LG performance levels?

We Just got the LG 50PK550 in, we will eventually have Chad stop out and wright a review.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/18147451

We Just got the LG 50PK550 in, we will eventually have Chad stop out and wright a review.

Good man. Do you have any idea on when that might be? Also, do you have a new unit in house, that you could play a Blu-Ray disc on, and post some pictures?

If you do; no CGI cartoon stuff please. Pictures of real people and places. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The model I ended up with is the 42 inch PQ10. I've done a steady amount of break-in and in that time I have played countless hours of Xbox and movies with black bars.To be honest, maybe within the first 20 hours I noticed IR which vanished as soon as I watched something full screen. I'm currently at 90+ hours and there is no IR after game play and very little after movie viewing.

Its hard to say what the pros and cons are, you get what you pay for. I will say this though, the black level are NOT as good as the Panasonics, but before I ended up with the LG, I had purchased and returned the BN450 from Sammy, which I did not like.

The menu that is available for calibration is extensive, and beyond my complete understanding, but for the price of what I paid for the TV, it would cost me about the same to have a pro do the job.

The only other thing that strikes out at me is the lack of Anti-glare coating. I do notice however that my LG seems brighter, and sharper then my previously owned Samsung at lower contrast and brightness settings.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The MSRP on the 50PK550 is the same as the Panny S2. I think Panasonic will have some competition.

I can't wait for the reviews, but I do like the fact that this is a slim design and appears to offer better 24p support than the panasonics.

1 - 20 of 459 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.