AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

after 4 years of use, my LG HX300 begins to show white pixels. So I opened the body to see what kind of DMD chip is built in there. It is called 1076E6038B. Since I don't want to replace it by a chip, that also fails in a few years, I wanted to replace it by a newer, perhaps less error-prone production series.

Does anyone know, which type designation would also fit to my beamer? The only thing I can see from the type designation is the resolution. 1076 seems to stand for 1024x768. Do you think the DMD type 1076-6039B could replace mine? Or even the one with a higher resolution 1280-6038B, which might have 1280x800 pixels?

Many thanks in advance.

Thomas

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

I have no experience with replacing DMD chips. But I had a similar problem when I pulled the chip from my old projector. My chip had a bad contact or short circuit caused by the thermal grease splashed on the contact pins ( due to careless removal
). After careful cleaning with alcohol white pixels disappeared. I think it is worth to check for bad contact because it will come out much cheaper than replacing the chip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Thomas! I have exactly the same problem with my LG HX300G: black and white pixels all over. Could you tell me where you ordered your new DMD chip and what the difference between the original 1076E6038B and the new1076-6138B is? Was the replacement difficult?

Regards
Alper (Germany)

·
Registered
2 Posts
power issue

My HX300g is not powering on. i tested the power supply with multimeter. The circuit is broken somewhere. I opened the top cover but i can't get the whole unit out. I did not try to apply force. Do i need to take the top metal part with buttons off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having the same issue here. Did it had to be solded it? or just chiped in?
Where did u get urs? saw some at ebay (from USA ) for ~100€ (which is hardly worth it!)
Did u try a resolution upgrade?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts