AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My first post. Just in the process of finishing off my own home cinema setup, and hope to get pics up sometime soon. Just waiting on a few more additions, this site has provided me with some real inspiration.

I wonder if you can help a new guy.

I have a 42'' LG LCD TV (42LG5020 model), wallmounted on a universal bracket.

I have started to notice a hum/buzz coming from the TV itself. Its not coming from the speakers, but from the actual TV. I have turned the speakers off on the TV, and its still there, and its there whether i have the DVD playing or not. Its the TV.

I did search on this and some people have said its possible the backlight level. I have this set pretty dark, as i think the picture is better on films like this. Setting 1 is usual for me. However, i cant see if this is just a thing you have to live with, or a fault that means i should return the TV.

I couldnt find any hints or solutions or possible ways to fix it.

Any help advice or previous post links would be appreciated. When watching a film its not to bad because there is usually a soundtrack which drowns it out. But TV, when there is gaps of silence, its really loud and annoying, not what you expect after spending no much money !!!

Thanks.

Alex

I have recently hooked up an Onkyo AV unit which runs all my video and sound sources in, and then out to the TV. With this on or off, volume up or down, the hum is still there, but curiously, i never noticed it until now. My suspicision is it may well always have been there, i spent a lot of time with the TV on with no input while i set it up, noticed it, and now i have noticed it i cant not notice it! You know how it is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a Samsung one that buzzed after power on 20 ~ 30 minutes.

I called Samsung customer service and I was told it could be fixed. But it was close to 30 days exchange period. I just exchanged for a new one, without any buzzing problem. Now I know LCD TV shouldn't make noticeable buzzing noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts