AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At CES 2010, LG announced three new Blu-ray HTIB models that are now hitting the market. These models include wireless network connectivity and DLNA support (PR below).

Network Blu-ray Disc Home Theater Systems

At the forefront of LG's new line of Network Blu-ray Disc Home Theater Systems is the LHB975. Offering a sleek, stylish audio-visual solution with 3-channel wireless speaker technology, the LHB975 provides consumers access to services such as Netflix, VUDU, CinemaNow, YouTube, Pandora, Picasa and AccuWeather via wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi network connectivity*.

With 1100 watts of output power to 5.1 channels featuring LG's silk dome speaker technology, this premium Blu-ray Home Theater System generates a dynamic surround-sound experience, creating a more immersive home entertainment experience. Two wireless rear speakers and subwoofer complete the package, giving consumers the flexibility to place them anywhere in the room. In addition, the tall and slim front speakers can be positioned as either floor-standing or mounted on the wall with included wall-mounting brackets.

For enhanced versatility, the LHB975 features LG's 3-channel wireless speaker technology, which utilizes digital spread spectrum operation for better signal quality and consistent high-quality audio performance. This feature ensures that installation is quick and the consumer is not left with a tangle of wires distracting the eye from the system itself.

Advanced audio format decoding is supported so users can enjoy superior audio performance with technologies such as Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio Essential. And of course, no audio system would be complete without iPod docking capabilities. The LHB975 allows for both the iPod and iPhone to be directly connected via a convenient drawer docking system.

The LHB975 caters to most consumer listening needs by playing multiple media contents, from CD/DVDs to Blu-ray Discs to network streaming content, all accessible from a single home theater system. The dual HDMI (version 1.3) inputs can also deliver great audio performance and convenient connectivity for devices such as cable boxes or game systems in a simple, easy-to-use format. This model is also DLNA-certified allowing consumers to easily access content on other compatible devices.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the LHB535 says it has DLNA. Anyone has experience of streaming music from my iTunes on my Windows PC to this HTIB via Wi-fi?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would be extremely surprised if DLNA allowed you to stream any encrypted content between your PC and your HTIB. If the music files are MP3 or similar unencrypted standard, it should be fine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the DLNA spec include reading video_TS folders of backed up DVDs, or is that in the implementation by the manufacturer? I'm looking at the new Blu-ray HTIB models from LG, Samsung, and Panasonic, all of which have DLNA.

·
Registered
25 Posts
(This is NOT related to the DLNA discussion above)

I got to listen to the LG LHB335 at a Best Buy - good sound for a little system with little speakers. I decided that I wanted a little more "oomph" and wireless rear speakers so I waited for the LG LHB975 to become available... and waited... and waited....

The LG LHB975 is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com for $799.95 ($50 off MSRP). Not sure when I'll actually be receiving it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am a "former owner" of the LHB535 - I returned it due to noisy audio on all the channels.

I really like the unit and feel it has some amazing features, but with the whistling sound always in the background I couldn't live with it.

IF they clear up that problem in the future or with the 975 model I might look at it again.

For now I am resigned to going back to separates - or look at possibly the Sony BDV-ES70 (no HDMI input, no standard speaker connections)

I sold my old Harmon Kardon AVR210 which was a really nice quiet receiver - now I will need to find a replacement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
According to Amazon, you can now get it by Tue, Apr 27 if you order soon and choose one-day shipping.

I chose Super Saver Shipping... so I won't get mine until some time between May 3 and May 7.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy60 /forum/post/18525373

Got my 975 finally. Can I post where? Guess it doesn't matter. All you have to do is do a search.

Have you tried out the 975 yet? How do you like it??

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Does the 975 player look identical to the 535? Hoping for a USB port on the back or under a smaller flip-down thingy (like the BD390). Love to see pics of it.

And it says "3 channel wireless". I get that the rear speakers are wireless, but is the center speaker wireless as well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Walmart online.

I like it so far. No noise from wireless speakers except for a cracle or two. I checked the wire's and it went away (The wireless rears use a seperate reciever which you then use to wire your speakers). Subwoofer is wireless as well

My biggest complaint is that there is no bass or treble adjustment. You have to use their presets. I'm hoping they can address this through a software update.

Other than that I like it. No problem with set-up excecpt I had to resync the wireless speakers so they would connect. Internet was easy.

USB right on the front(under the face plate) as well as a port in and built in Ipod dock.

Very nice unit. I love Pandora radio btw.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy60 /forum/post/18539852

Walmart online.

You actually found it on Walmart.com?

I searched there and could not find it! I wanted to compare it to prices on Amazon.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy60 /forum/post/18543801

Awww I was going to post a link but it called me a spammer :p ;

Put a http// www in front of this =

walmart.com/ip/LG-LHB975-Home-Theater-System-w-Blu-ray/13890764

Looks like they keep selling out.

Completely crazy. The link works perfectly, but when I search for the LG LHB975 or just LHB975 on their site, nothing comes back.

Darn. It looks like I could have saved almost $1.50 if I bought it through Wal-Mart. Now I don't feel as good about the $24.00 in cash back that I'm getting by using my Amazon Credit Card.

I think it's a little funny that they advertise Vudu right next to the image of the player.

You think Walmart wants you to use their (newly purchased) streaming service or something? I probably will use VUDU... at some point, especially if they offer competitive prices for HD content versus Verizon FIOS's "On Demand" service.

Of course, I'll still use Netflix - their monthly prices are hard to beat, and even some non-HD content looks pretty good on my TV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lol. When are you going to get it? $25.00 back is nothing to sneeze at.

Vudu looks pretty interesting to me too. I've upgraded my internet for the off chance I get to download and watch a movie (it's almost summer and I bought a boat).

I wonder if it will upscale Netflix? I bought it for the blueray and to have surround sound on my tv, but I swear it upgrades Uverse.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy60 /forum/post/18549908

Lol. When are you going to get it? $25.00 back is nothing to sneeze at.

Vudu looks pretty interesting to me too. I've upgraded my internet for the off chance I get to download and watch a movie (it's almost summer and I bought a boat).

I wonder if it will upscale Netflix? I bought it for the blueray and to have surround sound on my tv, but I swear it upgrades Uverse.

RE: Netflix

I read some articles recently on Netflix and HD. As I remember, as long as you have a high-speed connection and a Netflix-capable Blu-ray player, much of your content will be in 720P. In fact, Netflix will only broadcast in 720P to specific devices (like Blu-ray players). I am not sure whether or not you need a "Blu-Ray" membership to Netflix to take advantage of higher def streaming - all else would be 420P. Netflix is working on full 1080P and Subtitles for later in 2010. I don't know when they'll have 5.1 surround ready to go. I don't think they know, either.

RE: My LG LHB975

Unfortunately, I've already received it.
Yes, I said unfortunately and I put the sad face up there. After repeated attempts to "remate" (sync up) the Wireless Sub and the Wireless rear receiver to the main unit, it became clear that this was NOT going to happen. This involved:

- Repeated attempts to "remate" (by the book: hold down STOP button on main unit, and then hold down PAUSE on the remote. "REMATE" flashes on the front of the player)

- Triple-checking wiring for rear speakers

- Unplugging and plugging back in everything, in different orders each time

- Downloading updates for the player itself

- Calls into LG's customer service

After all of that, no luck. Both the Wireless Sub and the Wireless rear receiver keep flashing Red and Blue.

Fortunately, Amazon has a really good return policy. They're already shipping me another one even before I've finished packing the defective one away. I'll let you know how that one works.

Wish me luck!

1 - 20 of 141 Posts