AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get owners or experts take on the 2 models I keep going back and forth on. I was searching for a 3D Blu ray player to go with an LG 47LW5600 tv and figured might as well get audio too. The room size is about 20 x 14.

After reading the forums and other reviews, and as a non-technical user who just cares about better sound than plain TV and good Blu ray playback, it appears the 2 biggest differences - to me - are the brand and the subwoofer.

1) I'm assuming the LG would be very easy connectivity with less problems since I have an LG TV.

2) Subs - BTT770 is down-firing, and LHB976 is front-firing. Should this be enough to put the Panasonic over the top?

I can't find any information either about Blu ray playback for the models and if an owner has an opinion I would appreciate it.

Or am I just wasting my time on HTIB (as a non-techie) and should instead go get a great 3d Blu Ray player + Soundbar??

Appreciate everyone's help!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would go with the LG LHB976, I have the same TV and surround sound and let me tell you I can't turn the volume up past 15 without my neighbors complaining and the volume goes to 40...

Once you set it up according to the room size using the manual on the cd, I promise you will not be disappointed, also if you get to go somewhere and test it out make sure you use the Bypass setting to here the true audio because there are many sound effects...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts