AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just picked up the LG 55LN5600. Problem I am having is with playing AAC files (music) from my smartphone. If I try to play those file types directly from my phone it says, "file not supported" or I get static (depending on which DLNA app I am using). I can play MP3 files directly from the phone, I can play video recorded on the phone (audio plays which is in AAC format). I spoke with someone at LG who said I should not be having this problem.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? I am thinking its an LG firmware issue. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

·
Banned
5,023 Posts
Might check LG support and see if a firmware update is available . ofc it might do that automatically also . I just bought a new Sony that needed an update .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister  /t/1523609/lg-ln5600-series-wont-play-aac-from-smartphones#post_24513656

Might check LG support and see if a firmware update is available . ofc it might do that automatically also . I just bought a new Sony that needed an update .

Thank you, but I did check while setting up the tv and I am running the latest firmware. What's frustrating is that according to LG AAC is supported and SHOULD play with no issues...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts