AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't found much information on this new TV other than on LG's site. I'm in the market for a 47" 'smart' tv (netflix, miracast, wifi, etc), but have no use for 3D, so the LG 47LN5750 seems like a good option.

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-47LN5750-smart-led-tv

Dell Canada has it available for ~$1050 which seems pretty reasonable:

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Video_Conferencing/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&sku=A6820868

These TVs have already started shipping, but I haven't found any real reviews online. Does anyone have any thoughts on this model?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I saw the LN5700 47" the other day on the store, i did some test with my laptop

The picture was SO nice, even the tv was not calibrated.

I also don't detected imput lag, and the tv was on "default" with the True Motion activated.

the view angle was incredible, the tv was above me one meter, and i saw everything was perfect on the image display.

I don´t know the difference between the 5700 and 5750 but i guess they have the same image quality.

saludos!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Y  /t/1468688/lg-ln5750-2013#post_23215315

I bought mine from Costco last week under seven bill.

Awesome price. Was that Costco USA or Canada? I'm guessing it was USA, but at least it gives me hope that Costco Canada will carry it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also saw this exact TV at Costco today and really liked what I saw for $700. I definitely have my eye on the 47 LA6900 as well, but is there any reason to spend $500 extra over this TV, especially for a bedroom set? I am not going to use 3D, but the better design, extra video processing, faster dual core, and 2.1 would be nice to have as well. Would like to see them side-by-side at maybe BestBuy in order to make my decision.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crea78  /t/1468688/lg-ln5750-2013#post_23219426

I also saw this exact TV at Costco today and really liked what I saw for $700. I definitely have my eye on the 47 LA6900 as well, but is there any reason to spend $500 extra over this TV, especially for a bedroom set? I am not going to use 3D, but the better design, extra video processing, faster dual core, and 2.1 would be nice to have as well. Would like to see them side-by-side at maybe BestBuy in order to make my decision.

I was looking at the LA6900 as well, but I just don't think the price difference is justified if you're not going to use 3D (I won't either). And all the more so if you're planning on using dedicated speakers + receiver as I am.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As I said this will be my bedroom TV which will be mounted on the wall so I will only use the on-board speakers. Not sure if the extra cost will justify for the extra features.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought the LG LN5750, the 47 inch flat screen tv from Costco today. I paid 669.00 on sale from 699.0 through the 8th of June and also 59.99 for a 5 year extended warranty. I think it was a pretty good deal and I hope the tv will work out well.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Y  /t/1468688/lg-ln5750-2013#post_23215315

I bought mine from Costco last week under seven bill.

Basically is LN5700 with the magic remote. Love it so far.

How is the fast forwarding and rewinding when watching shows through the wi-fi connection to the laptop?

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Does the 5750 have an IPS panel or glossy screen? I had heard the 5700 model had more of a matte screen. But I thought most of the LG models were IPS panels. Can you tell from the serial Number?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.