AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had the 3410a since May. I have the 1.12 firmware. It has worked flawlessly until 3 weeks ago. I am using it for OTA HD recording only. I can still set the timer manually, and the shows record and playback fine, but the guide has had 2 problems. 1st it was assigning the uhf numbers to the data 34-1 , 48-1 etc. I read another post on this subject and edited the channels to 4-1 9-1 etc. This corrected the problem and I was able to use the guide for about a week. The last 2 weeks I have had no data at all in the Guide. I live in the WASH DC area and wonder if others are having the same problem , or if so have a solution. I have rebooted the system pin and no pin , unplugged for several hours , still have no data in the guide. Any one have have a solution for this. The unit works fine otherwise.

· Banned
3,692 Posts
The Guide comes in on analog channels. So, first make sure that you are getting a good signal on your analog VHF and UHF stations. If so, then make sure you haven't deleted any analog stations. The better thing to do is to move the analog stations to the bottom of the Guide list, rather than deleting them.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by alk3997
The Guide comes in on analog channels. So, first make sure that you are getting a good signal on your analog VHF and UHF stations. If so, then make sure you haven't deleted any analog stations. The better thing to do is to move the analog stations to the bottom of the Guide list, rather than deleting them.

Thanks. I rescanned to pick up the local analog stations. I had the guide info this morning.

· Registered
4,319 Posts
Excellent advice. It's amazing how sensitive some units are to EPG data, but I'm still convinced it's a great way to run "free" guide-based PVR's. I have had to "pull the plug" on my 3410a a couple of times to clear out the guide data and/or restart download, but I don't consider that unreasonable in over 6 months of use (I have sw ver 1.12).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.