AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just received delivery of our new TV and wanted to ask if I should be worried that the TV was made in Mexico. I have read that there may be issues with those made there and that the preferred TV are the ones made in Asia.

Also, is there a place to get "best settings " for the TV?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,885 Posts
We just received delivery of our new TV and wanted to ask if I should be worried that the TV was made in Mexico. I have read that there may be issues with those made there and that the preferred TV are the ones made in Asia.

Thanks in advance!
OLED TV's for North America are assembled in Mexico. OLED's for Europe are assembled in Poland. You have no choice. The panels are made in South Korea, and all the parts are made in China.

·
Registered
11,696 Posts

Thanks in advance!
All of the sets are made in Mexico nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts

Thanks in advance!
I didn't know the '17s were available yet -- where did you get it?

·
Registered
200 Posts
It is a B6 model. It was a typo. Thank you again for your responses.
In that event, try the CR settings which I found a better starting point than Rtings and maybe add your general location to your profile on the left in case you ask another question. :) Lots of European users here with issues not so apparent in the USA.

http://files.parsintl.com/eprints/LG/LG-OLED55B6P.pdf

FWIW, I'm settled on the above with most enhancing stuff turned off, but OLED @ 77, Brightness @ 50, Contrast @ 85 and Color @ 49, this in a dimly-lighted living room. All panels will vary slightly. I've tried most suggestions posted here but revert to the above. This is using Comshaft cable and some network stuff can look marginal. It's the source, not the B6 which is great at reveling flaws. ;) As someone else said recently, on bad shows the commercials look great. You can check this by switching to a documentary channel like NatGeo or sometimes Smithsonian where the pictures and color can look great. BTW, both my legacy Comcast boxes are outputting 1080i stretch as native creates other issues. YMMV...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just saw this today:

https://www.costco.com/LG-65"-Class-(64.5"-Diag.)-4K-Ultra-HD-OLED-TV.product.100343124.html?catalogId=10701&langId=-1&storeId=10301&krypto=YBybFgTlqyLhLhBxO2hvOrjrlZEW1ZiBr9DXbY3MAJsdeB1OdNUS3Nc9P4YW1uXtGFhL3sjMZjd6 CapZAP9d7ZABoemuBw4HG4PTpZotZtk=

Looks like the OLED65B7P is now in stock at Costco.com

However, I must say the price is upsetting, I was hoping for $3999-4500 intro pricing.

After BS sales tax here in CA, I'm at $5500+

Might as well get the C7 from Crutchfield for $4999 flat

·
Immaculate Grand Phoobah
3,783 Posts
Just saw this today:

https://www.costco.com/LG-65"-Class-(64.5"-Diag.)-4K-Ultra-HD-OLED-TV.product.100343124.html?catalogId=10701&langId=-1&storeId=10301&krypto=YBybFgTlqyLhLhBxO2hvOrjrlZEW1ZiBr9DXbY3MAJsdeB1OdNUS3Nc9P4YW1uXtGFhL3sjMZjd6 CapZAP9d7ZABoemuBw4HG4PTpZotZtk=

Looks like the OLED65B7P is now in stock at Costco.com

However, I must say the price is upsetting, I was hoping for $3999-4500 intro pricing.

After BS sales tax here in CA, I'm at $5500+

Might as well get the C7 from Crutchfield for $4999 flat

Found it on joesav.com (no recommendation, just the lowest price I could find) for$3605.20 w/wall mount and "enhanced" delivery (whatever that is) to my area in CA...

https://www.joesav.com/LG-LED-HDTV-p/oled65b7p.htm?CartID=1

Added: Of course, from COSTCO you get what you pay for or they take it back, no questions asked!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
^^^^^^
"Enhanced" delivery (at least via Amazon). Two people deliver to the house location you want the tv, unbox it, mount it on the stand, turn it on and take a pic of the initial setup screen to verify it was working. They remove all packaging if you want. (For Amazon, if it doesn't work, they order a replacement and return the bad tv. If you need to return to Amazon for problems within the return period, they provide appropriate pickup and packaging. Is it the same for joesav???)

This "enhanced" delivery does not include hookup of other parts (like a cable system). The guys who delivered for Amazon allowed me to plug in the HDMI from my AVR. I had the tv running with Directv before they finished cleanup.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
You have a B7? :confused: Might be the first. :) If so, you're on your own. :cool:
Got email from Costco.com this morning. This is part of the announcement:

Brand: LG
Display Type: OLED
Includes Stand: Yes
Inputs - A/V (Composite): 1
Inputs - Digital Optical Audio: 1
Inputs - Ethernet: 1
Inputs - HDMI: 4
Inputs - USB: 3
Model: OLED65B7

·
Registered
1 Posts

Found it on joesav.com (no recommendation, just the lowest price I could find) for$3605.20 w/wall mount and "enhanced" delivery (whatever that is) to my area in CA...
Just a comment, since it applies to the OP's question: I ordered an LG OLED 65C7 from JoesAV yesterday for $1,700. Great price, right? Today, they send me an email to call them to confirm my order. When I do, they tell me that I ordered the "made in Asia" version of the 65C7 and that the "better" version, "made in Mexico", is actually $3,400 (but he quickly tells me it's on sale for $2,499). I canceled my order completely, thinking it seemed like a bait-and-switch, but the fellow insisted I Google "LG panels asia vs mexico" to see that it was completely legitimate.

That google search led me to this forum. What are the thoughts of the AV experts here? Is it reasonable/legit for a store to have two listings (if you search "65C7" on joesav.com) for the same model TV priced $1,700 apart? The cheaper listing doesn't say anything about where it's made, while the more expensive one trumpets that it's "made in mexico". Is it common practice now to charge different price tiers for the same brand/model TV, depending on where it's made?

Thanks in advance,
Tweed814

·
Registered
9,885 Posts
Just a comment, since it applies to the OP's question: I ordered an LG OLED 65C7 from JoesAV yesterday for $1,700. Great price, right? Today, they send me an email to call them to confirm my order. When I do, they tell me that I ordered the "made in Asia" version of the 65C7 and that the "better" version, "made in Mexico", is actually $3,400 (but he quickly tells me it's on sale for $2,499). I canceled my order completely, thinking it seemed like a bait-and-switch, but the fellow insisted I Google "LG panels asia vs mexico" to see that it was completely legitimate.

That google search led me to this forum. What are the thoughts of the AV experts here? Is it reasonable/legit for a store to have two listings (if you search "65C7" on joesav.com) for the same model TV priced $1,700 apart? The cheaper listing doesn't say anything about where it's made, while the more expensive one trumpets that it's "made in mexico". Is it common practice now to charge different price tiers for the same brand/model TV, depending on where it's made?

Thanks in advance,
Tweed814
A typical scam with bait and switch. Stay away from them. There is no such thing as a "better" version. All the panels are made in S Korea. All the parts are made in China. They are assembled in Poland, Mexico and Korea. The European version is 50hz tv's while the Korean and North American are 60hz.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts