AVS Forum banner

221 - 240 of 1454 Posts

·
Registered
11,656 Posts
Can someone tell me how to get the latest beta?

I got the latest beta from Ted , thanks Ted !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ConnecTEDDD

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any chance an update will allow LightSpace to export a smaller sized 3DLUT for B8? Or can DeviceControl handle the 33p one?

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Any chance an update will allow LightSpace to export a smaller sized 3DLUT for B8? Or can DeviceControl handle the 33p one?
There very small interest about B8, for that reason its not supported currently.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #224

If you refresh you DeviceControl Cloud, you will see B8 now ;)

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #225

There is available a LightSpace Beta with export capability for 17-Point Cube 3D LUT DeviceControl Interface file format, required for LG B8 users.

As is usual, for that beta download link, please contact me here only (no PM's): http://www.displaycalibrations.com/contact_us.html

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #226 (Edited)

There is a newer version of the LG Template, to get it.... delete from your 'local' the old template and then refresh your 'cloud', then drag-n-drop the new template from 'Cloud' to your 'Local'.

Its been added support for LG Studio (Gen 1) Monitors; LG OLED 2017 (B7/C7/E7/G7/W7) with 'special' firmware installed; which adding internal LUT capabilities for 1D LUT (1024 entries) and 3D LUT (17-Point Cube).

This 'special' firmware is provided by LG to their partners in content production area, like Technicolor. (its not available for consumers).

its been support for these models, to provide DDC (Direct Display Control) and 1D/3D LUT management.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone encountered such a weird jump in the gamma at 0.5? Measured multiple gray only patches with D3 at 1 sec (intelligent) integration, 2 sec black stabilization and 1 sec delay for PGenerator patterns.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Has anyone encountered such a weird jump in the gamma at 0.5? Measured multiple gray only patches with D3 at 1 sec (intelligent) integration, 2 sec black stabilization and 1 sec delay for PGenerator patterns.
Have you disabled the ASBL?

Its not looking normal, do you have what weird jump when you will re-measure? What patchset are you using?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've done various measurements (mostly of darker patches) and after about 2h it started showing similar irregularities. For the case above I've measured a custom CSV set (attached) with more gray patches than the default ones.

I'm not exactly sure what ASBL is. From the menu I've disabled what I could find, but haven't accessed the service menu.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,656 Posts
I've done various measurements (mostly of darker patches) and after about 2h it started showing similar irregularities. For the case above I've measured a custom CSV set (attached) with more gray patches than the default ones.

I'm not exactly sure what ASBL is. From the menu I've disabled what I could find, but haven't accessed the service menu.

You have to go into the service menu to disable asbl(auto static brightness limiter ), it’s fairly straight forward but absolutely needed . It’s detailed in Ted’s instructions also in a separate thread in the OLED section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
Something I am not solving, not event with Ted's help.
It's all about 1Dlut. 3Dlut, I would say also thanks to drifting, looks from pretty good to excellent.

I am on sw 55 on my E8, but I I have gotten similar problem with sw 20.
Regarding 1Dlut generation and checking:
I keep contrast at 85, brightness al 85, no ABSL, no Logo, and set my Murideo on YUV422 16-225. Interval on LS 0-255.
My I1pro has Intelligent Integration at 1.0, stabilisation and integration at 0.75 (but I have also tried without finding significant differences) and intergration time at 0.75.
Here what I get at first reading:
Diff Gamma

RGB

Then I convert to rec701, sub-black, upload, and here the result:
Diff Gamma

RGB

What concerns me is what happens at 90-95 IRE on gamma. And I get the same calibrating at 220 Nits,
Doing manual calibration I can flatten pretty well the gamma in that area (L=3 at 85, L=1 at 90 and 95), and with RGB gamma quite alligned thank to RGB balancing fine tuning:
Diff Gamma

RGB

It is only my issue? Is your starting different? Maybe something taht does not work well only on my E8. The real issue is about how can do fine tuning on the top of the good work done on 1Dlut. Obvious that on my E8, to my knowledge, the best would be 1Dlut manula calibration and 3Dlut by LS (by the way: .55 sw come with a red inaccuracy I can 100% fix with a good LS 3Dlut)

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have only one example: the gamma I have with manual calibration (last graph) is flatter than the one I have with automatic calibration (third graph).

Also RGB balance is better,

but insisting a little (i.e. doing another run relaying on augmented data), it goes on pair.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Still with some inaccuracy on L1lut, here the remarkable result I have gotten with various 3DLUT.
All of them with drift at 50 (when I have forgotten that I have gotten definitely worse results).
I have run for verification 100% and 75% gamut sweeps and memory colors. For all the graphs I have applied a custom filter to display points in the CIE with dE 2000 >= 1.
Here the starting point (i.e. the default 3DLUT);

Here a 13 cube:

Here a 17 cube:

And last but not least a 21 cube:

You can note that on Other the maximum dE 2000 starts with 1.82 of default 3DLUT, and decreases to already good 1.19 of 13 cube generation, going down to 0.96 of 17 and 0.77 of 21.

PS: Many thanks to @ConnecTEDDD who has driven me in this adventure

Attachments

Reactions: L30Z3N

·
Registered
588 Posts
You can try to substract the 1D LUT from the 3D LUT and use only the 1D LUT with augmented data you created before the 3D LUT. We discovered the best possible results with this approach because after applying the 3D LUT we had always some more errors in the grayscale then before that's why the substraction helps in this case.

Reactions: L30Z3N

·
Registered
21 Posts
After multiple retries I can't seem to get rid of a strong blue cast in the darker area. Attaching an image of how it looks before (measured more points in that area). The 1D LUT reduces blue considerably (although a bit still remains in the darker area). The 3D LUT then raises back the blue level leading to the second image. The strong blue cast is visible to the eye.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or where the limitation is. I've used longer integration times with the D3, tried out all the modes (AIO, Burst, ...), intelligent integration, multiple seconds of black or gray stabilization patches, drift compensation, ASBL off, multiple sized 3D LUTs (up to 11), Pass Black, Sub Black, multiple sized grey scale patches (including the default Grey Only).

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
You can try to substract the 1D LUT from the 3D LUT and use only the 1D LUT with augmented data you created before the 3D LUT. We discovered the best possible results with this approach because after applying the 3D LUT we had always some more errors in the grayscale then before that's why the substraction helps in this case.
Many thanks for your comments and for sharing your hint. I am in different case, as my greyscale becomes better after 3DLUT. A curiosity: After first 1D LUT creation I often create a new one based on the augumented data coming from a new grey scale reading, as it improves PS: (noted that for being effective the grey scale reading must be the same). Then I generate and upload a 3D LUT. Are you doing something of different, a part wht described above?

·
Registered
472 Posts
After multiple retries I can't seem to get rid of a strong blue cast in the darker area. Attaching an image of how it looks before (measured more points in that area). The 1D LUT reduces blue considerably (although a bit still remains in the darker area). The 3D LUT then raises back the blue level leading to the second image. The strong blue cast is visible to the eye.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or where the limitation is. I've used longer integration times with the D3, tried out all the modes (AIO, Burst, ...), intelligent integration, multiple seconds of black or gray stabilization patches, drift compensation, ASBL off, multiple sized 3D LUTs (up to 11), Pass Black, Sub Black, multiple sized grey scale patches (including the default Grey Only).

Thank you
I guess you have to take in account I3 limitation at low luminosity. So trying to increase its performances in that area can only add only instability. I have gotten good results accepting that first reading of large greyscale reads nothing, also due to limination of LG SW 55, which kills black levels. You can see that in my graphs. If you have an LG C8 and indicates your starting point (Brightness, Contrast, sw release) I can have a test on my one and share results/setting.

PS: have you also tried manula calibration? Do you have laos there that blue cast on darker areas?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you for the answer. I was suspecting the limitations of the D3 but in the case of the after graph, my eyes agree with it that blue is too strong.

With manual calibration I don't have this issue. The blue cast appears after setting the existing LUTs to Unity. I've read today about the process of augmenting LUTs (the guide I received didn't mention them). Hope it'll help.

221 - 240 of 1454 Posts