AVS Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1461 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
If I recall correctly, the earlier (Rev.D??) i1 Pro has a very short period of time between dark readings?

Yes I hope so too. I've promised myself no more experiments until it arrives and with so much time on my hands at the moment I'm eager to play!
Yes indeed, my i1Pro requires Dark Calibration after 10 minutes, and I think Ted has commented that 10 mins is pushing it - so I will have to investigate a profile that uses very few dark patches.

The current situation does mean a lot of people have more time than they know what to do with - but not me, I'm still working - not directly in Health Care, but medical device manufacture Engineering Support.

My previous screen was a Pioneer KRP-500M - fantastic device, had it just over ten years - until it was literally stolen off the wall during a break-in - only hope it gave them a hernia carrying it away, bastards.

Calibration was much simpler back then - even when I added a Lumagen Mini3D for fine tuning.

However, going from the 50" KRP to the 65" E9 has more than made up for the initial shock / anger / sorrow at losing the Pioneer. Glad they still have uses - providing the reference standard for setting perceptual white points.

Now just got to get LightSpace working its magic behind the scenes.

Regards, Mike.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yes indeed, my i1Pro requires Dark Calibration after 10 minutes, and I think Ted has commented that 10 mins is pushing it - so I will have to investigate a profile that uses very few dark patches.
Yes, I recall him saying it can begin to drift in as little as 3 minutes. Not ideal for Volumetric. Try a very small patchset to begin with!!

The current situation does mean a lot of people have more time than they know what to do with - but not me, I'm still working - not directly in Health Care, but medical device manufacture Engineering Support.
I'm home but on call providing a 24/7 emergency call out service for free to the elderly and the vulnerable. Had one call out today but luckily I was out and back home again in 2 hours. It's very scary out there!!!

My previous screen was a Pioneer KRP-500M - fantastic device, had it just over ten years - until it was literally stolen off the wall during a break-in - only hope it gave them a hernia carrying it away, bastards.
Bastards indeed!!

Now just got to get LightSpace working its magic behind the scenes.

Regards, Mike.
Have a good read through the thread, there's lots of tips here. Ask questions when you need to, there is usually someone around to give some guidance.

Good luck!!

Leon

Reactions: mrtickleuk

·
Registered
976 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! The best TV/Monitor ever produced.

I hope they got what they deserve: a long, painful and incurable disease.

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
To be mentioned that my ultimate and latest AWP is x 0.308 y 0.328. @mrtickleuk please, could you update your charts? Thanks.

Forget my previous AWPs, one of my kids unwillingly turned on scheduled night shift on the iPad, so I had different visual results when I matched the Kuro during the day from when I matched the iPad after 10 pm. That’s why it always looked too yellow lol So the official KiGAWP (King Genius’ Alternate White Point :D) is now x 0.308 y 0.328
Quick question regarding your over saturation observation.... Do you have your Kuro attached to a LUT box?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Of course, eeColor

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm more than happy to! It's nice to be able to contribute in a small way. I can imagine your reaction when you realised the mistake :)
So, this replaces your x=0.30910, y=0.33150 that I'd recorded for you before from > this post

·
Registered
976 Posts
IMHO what you have done is wrong. Using a matrix created on a different technology panel is not gonna give you the same spectral response of that panel, nor the same WP.

Reactions: omarank

·
Registered
472 Posts
I understand what you mean, i.e. that the white I read at item 3 might not look like the Klein LCD LED, due to the different spectral response of the OLED panel.What I think is that for little displacement (white tinting) the colour error should be minimal.

Anyhow I think it would an interesting experiment to verify. I would do it, but my LCD LED is old, and its D65 is awfully yellow and I doubt Klein would send me their LCD LED ...

PS: if you follow my method we could at least conclude that our Oleds have the same perceptual WPs.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Pretending that your method is correct, I’d use my Kuro FCCM or the K10A plasma preset instead of the LCD. But I don't think it's the right method.

Reactions: L30Z3N

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have tried my method using Klein Plasma and the outcome is .305, .325

·
Registered
976 Posts
See? It always changes because the matrix changes even with same tech but different brand. That’s not the solution, unfortunately. But as four of us perceptually matched white and gave more or less the same coordinates, I think it’s safe to use those.

Reactions: liberator72

·
Registered
472 Posts
Have you checked WP of your Plasma with Klein Plasma correction?

·
Registered
976 Posts
No, but I created the FCCM with it, so it would be easy for me to find it.

EDIT: There you go:

Klein K-10A Plasma 94% white (16-235): x 0.316578 y 0.329094 Y 91.264
Jeti spectraval 1501 94% white (16-235): x 0.313433 y 0.329667 Y 97.0333

As I said, even same tech but different brands matrixes read differently

·
Registered
391 Posts
This comparison between pics can represent D65 KRP vs D65 Oled Pana EZ difference (both calibrated by i1DisplayPro Jeti profiled)

D65 KRP

D65 Oled Pana EZ

Reactions: L30Z3N and omarank

·
Registered
976 Posts
When using a volumetric meter profile, I don’t see over saturation issues. No CR100 here.... only PR-670s and Klein K10s
Confirmed, with Multi-point Volumetric Probe Matching there's no over saturation also with contrast control set to 85. Nice job @D-Nice, thanks. Anyway, FCCM and CR100 gave the same visual results with just a 0.1 average dE2000 more (verified with MVPM).

Reactions: D-Nice

·
Registered
472 Posts
No, but I created the FCCM with it, so it would be easy for me to find it.

EDIT: There you go:

Klein K-10A Plasma 94% white (16-235): x 0.316578 y 0.329094 Y 91.264
Jeti spectraval 1501 94% white (16-235): x 0.313433 y 0.329667 Y 97.0333

As I said, even same tech but different brands matrixes read differently

What I am interested to is the value you get applying my method on your Plasma. This would allow to assess the sensitiveness of my method to a different spectral response.

I have also run my method with Klein CRT (it should be the white to stick to) and Klein Sony EL Oled (using as white point .3117, .3240).

My outcome:
CRT 0.3124 0.3361
Oled 0.3104 0.3234
Plasma 0.305 0.325
LCD 0.3116 0.3263
Miki Plasma 0.308 0.328
Leon Plasma 0.3096 0.327

My aim was reproducing on my display the WP of Klein profiled display. Difficult anyway they have been matched, surely only calibrated. And I agree that different technology sensitiveness should be assessed.

@Zimbalo : Have you tried a perceptual comparison?

·
Registered
391 Posts
For about a month I have KRP-500A and Panasonic OLED 65EZ950E side by side

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This comparison between pics can represent D65 KRP vs D65 Oled Pana EZ difference (both calibrated by i1DisplayPro Jeti profiled)

D65 KRP

D65 Oled Pana EZ

first and foremost question: how and with which camera were the images taken ?

1141 - 1160 of 1461 Posts